Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this crap must get old but if the knowledge is here I'm gonna tap it.

I'm up to date on all the 86 to current gixxer front end swaps, but where does Katana stuff fit into the equation.

I've got my hands on speedo drive/spacer, front brakes, and wheels from 89 gixxers (thanks to those whose junk I have) and just need forks & triples to complete the job.

Bottom line...... anyone know if these will work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1870746406

·
Registered
139 Posts
Go with a set of inverts!

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
You probably can put a Katuna front end on. In my opinion the only reason would be to get a damaged gixxer on the road in a hurry. The Kat's front ends aren't any better or worse than the original gixxer's. In fact, do they have adjustments for rebound, compression and preload? There's really nothing wrong with the original fork. Block off plates on the electrics, progressive rate & correct lb weight springs, fresh oil and patience to figure out the settings you need will work. Oh, and a billet fork brace from Scooterboy will firm them up plenty.

Otherwise a USD is the way to go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm mainly looking to get the 18s off of the bike so I can get good track rubber. I've never used the ME33 Lasers but am looking to step into the modern tire age.

I've spent enough time lapping a GS500 around that the original forks wouldn't bug me. The basketcase I have is sprung and has some brace that is .75 inch thick. It's the biggest hunk of aluminum I've ever seen. (All will be for sale soon) Any upgrade I get in suspension will just be icing on the cake as long as I get 17inch wheels.
SPED

·
Registered
434 Posts
I did the whole 9 yards upgrade to my 86 17's with dunlop 207, inverted forks, gold valves, remote resivoir rear shock with gold valve, springs, and the biggest improvement bar none was changing the rear swing arm as all the changes were done one at a time to test the results.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by doug:
the biggest improvement bar none was changing the rear swing arm as all the changes were done one at a time to test the results.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What'd you swap it for?

SPED

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I have a set of 93 750 forks for sale (no triples)if you want them. and may have a set of 94 750 forks for sale soon (the blue ones like Simons)
Bones

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmmmmmmm...I'd have to source up a steering stem that'd work. I'm pretty lazy and was hoping to bolt & play but I do have a lower from my hayabusa that may work and........I'll buy anything for the right price.

SPED

1 - 9 of 9 Posts