Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pirelli diablo or michelin pilot powers for a 97 750. They'll only be for road use. Not sure about the powers as I've never used michelins before. Any info or opinions would be helpful as I'm gonna be buying on Saturday.

·
Yaah I know!
1,020 Posts
I got Dunlops 207 race compound for the street I'm happy with them

·
Registered
257 Posts
i had d207s on my 99srad750 and just switched to the pilot powers tuesday..only have about 30 miles on them but i also switched to a 180...so far what i can tell is the tires are awesome,much better turning ,easy to hold a straight line, and they give me feedback..ive never tried any other tire but i asked basically the same question you are and i got mostly people saying pilot powers ,diablos came second, and metz m1s 3rd. so far so good,w/ little riding time on them id do it again

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Of those two choices (or Metzeler Sportecs for that matter), get which ever you can get the cheapest. They are all top notch and have more grip and handling than you could ever wish for on the street

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think I may have put in my 2 cents a while ago when you were asking (I may be getting mixed up). Today I rode to work on my Pilot Powers in heavy rain. I personally rechon they're better then 207's or 208's (i've tried both). I can actually lean the bike around and feel really safe compared to other tyres i've used in the wet. In the dry they all feel similiar , ie a bit different in turn in etc -- but all have enough grip for me but in the wet nothing has come close to the powers ability to grip IMOH. I've had them on for about a month now. I keep ranting about there wet weather prowess

Seeya,
Rob

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I had my tyres done on Saturday, Didn't go for any of the ones I asked about!! I went for Avon vipers in the sport compound. In terms of grip I gotta say they are as good as anything else I used on other bikes (diablos and bridgestones) but turn in is a bit quicker than the diablos due to the profile. Not sure how long they'll last though!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.