Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another sprocket question (i\'ve searched.)

Okay, I am at work and I've been searching for the last hour and could not find out what I am looking for
I want to go -1 in the front and +2 in the back. Will this fit my stock chain or will I have to get a new one? Also, is the stock chain 525? And if it does fit the stock chain, how long would I be able to ride like that before I need to buy a new chain? The reason why I am asking is because I want to have new sprockets installed when I bring it to the dealers to service my bike. Oh btw, i ride a 600 if that is of any relevance. What brand do you guys recommend? I was looking at vortex because they have a decent price. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
Re: Another sprocket question (i\'ve searched.)

So..........

Stock chain is a 525.

-1 in front and +2 in the rear might fit.

How many miles on the stock chain?

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LETTING A DEALER SERVICE YOUR BIKE????

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Another sprocket question (i\'ve searched.)

Actually, I was planning to have them do my 7500 mil service at first, but I looked at the service manual, and found out that most of the things I would be able to do myself. Like the bolt check, oil change, etc. I just have to bring in some new tires that I just bought for them to install. I figured i'd have my sprockets installed as I did that. They quoted me 35 bucks to have the sprockets installed. Which isn't bad i guess because I dont think I would be able to install the sprocket myself. At the same time, they would probably be able to tighten my chain for me also. Would you suggest something else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts