Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know people talk about buddies gettin hit just had to add my story... yesterday our head mechanic left the shop to run down to the bank literally a mile away. He got less than a block away and a toyota fj pulled in front of him. He ended up putting the front tire of his 2011 streetglide inbetween the driverside front tire and fender, destroyed the lower control arm on the fj. Hit hard enough the bike didnt even fall over wedged in there, they had to pull it out. Luckily he just flew up broke the windscreen with his chest cut his cheek and blacked his eye and bruised the hell out of his thighs when he tagged the handlebars. Sad part of it all he was hoping to trade it in monday on a new vrod...dont know if thats gonna happen now. He did say it scared him enough hes gonna start wearing full face helmet. But in closing just wanted to say even if ur only driving a mile away wear ur gear and ALWAYS be on lookout for "that" guy. Cant see it good in pic but wheel has bout 4 inch piece of rim missing and rotor is broken also the highway bar came down and smashed the top of fender. The totalled part of it may b the forks are tweaked

Sent from my MB886 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

1,931 Posts
I know people talk about buddies gettin hit just had to add my story... yesterday our head mechanic left the shop to run down to the bank literally a mile away. He got less than a block away and a toyota fj pulled in front of him. He ended up putting the front tire of his 2011 streetglide inbetween the driverside front tire and fender, destroyed the lower control arm on the fj. Hit hard enough the bike didnt even fall over wedged in there, they had to pull it out. Luckily he just flew up broke the windscreen with his chest cut his cheek and blacked his eye and bruised the hell out of his thighs when he tagged the handlebars. Sad part of it all he was hoping to trade it in monday on a new vrod...dont know if thats gonna happen now. He did say it scared him enough hes gonna start wearing full face helmet. But in closing just wanted to say even if ur only driving a mile away wear ur gear and ALWAYS be on lookout for "that" guy. Cant see it good in pic but wheel has bout 4 inch piece of rim missing and rotor is broken also the highway bar came down and smashed the top of fender. The totalled part of it may b the forks are tweaked

sucks to hear. Ive got a friend of mine who lives a couple blocks down my house, and when i go visit, i always wear a helmet and gloves. Not always a jacket, but i feel weird riding without gloves and helmet.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same here i feel naked without atleast gloves and helmet

·
Confuses vag for cock... That would be "cock" as i
2,290 Posts
Atgatt

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well an update on this story the insurance company did not total the streetglide out 7500 worth of damage. Luckily the sales guy really wanted to help out, and found him a new 2013 vrod muscle. Took trade in and didnt leave him upside down. Now he can actually hang...lol

·
Mr Creepy McCreep
2,440 Posts
thats awesome that he got to upgrade and didn't go upside down on his loan, salesmen like that are the ones that get repeat customers and also new customers by word of mouth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts