Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've been lurking for about to weeks and joined today because I just came back from the dealer after signing on a K4 750. Bike has 1700km's on with some extras like a Yoshi slip on and sliders. I traded my 2001 R1 in on it. I was sitting around waiting for the boss to discuss trade in - I was going to get a GSX-R1000 - when I decided I should try the 750 and asked for a ride.
Well, I was blown away. This is all the bike I need. Had my R1 for 60000km's (TLR 55000km before that) and I'll miss it but I enjoyed the 750 so much I signed when I got back.
Can't wait until tomorrow to pick it up.
Anyway, ride safe.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the board!

Rob

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcomes!

I got the bike a week ago but was on a training course whole of last week, so only rode it too class and back (120km's return trip every day). Then last Friday, when I had the bike exactly a week and only just over 2000 km's, me and some friends took a long overnight trip to go and check out SALT a huge bloody telescope they have going here. It was a 900km round trip over two days. Lots of mountain passes and some deserted well surfaced roads.

I found the bike handles great, even on bumpy corners and had her up to 276km/h - when we had to shut down for a blind corner she was creeping up on a friends FZR1000 which is no slouch.

The bike ran faultlessly as one'd expect from a new bike but most importantly, she ran with all the bigger bikes and outhandled most in the twisties. I was worried about getting a smaller bike but thats been layed to rest and everyone had only praise for the 750.

I have a tonne of photographs and would like to post some here - if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Welcome to the board and good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes!

I got the bike a week ago but was on a training course whole of last week, so only rode it too class and back (120km's return trip every day). Then last Friday, when I had the bike exactly a week and only just over 2000 km's, me and some friends took a long overnight trip to go and check out SALT a huge bloody telescope they have going here. It was a 900km round trip over two days. Lots of mountain passes and some deserted well surfaced roads.

I found the bike handles great, even on bumpy corners and had her up to 276km/h - when we had to shut down for a blind corner she was creeping up on a friends FZR1000 which is no slouch.

The bike ran faultlessly as one'd expect from a new bike but most importantly, she ran with all the bigger bikes and outhandled most in the twisties. I was worried about getting a smaller bike but thats been layed to rest and everyone had only praise for the 750.

I have a tonne of photographs and would like to post some here - if anyone is interested.

Very nice bike man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats !!!!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome, nice bike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts