Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
helmets!!! now there are some helmets for 100 dollars like hjc...then there is shoei thats like 400 or so . now i got a few questions

1.What brand is really good?
2. Why are the prices so different is it the graphic or the quality of the helmet?
3.Do the materials used differ between the companys of the price of the helmet?( higher price better quality material?)
i figure i should spend the most on a helmet

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
1. Shoei, Arai and Suomy are some of the top notch brands.
2. Of course graphics cost more, but the big difference in price is because of the quality. Just because a 100$ helmet is approved doesn't mean it is a good or safe as a 500$ helmet. Apart from safety, you also pay more for finish, durability, comfort, noise level, ventilation, ease of operation (among that how easy it is to change the visor, i.e. from a tinted to a clear one), optical quality of the visor as well as resistance to scratches and how easily it fogs, etc., etc.
3. Yes, the more you pay, the better materials you get. The cheapos are made from ABS or similar plastic, the high-ends are made from carbon, kevlar, etc.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
agree with SV on this one. Also, try on the helmet before you buy it. Some model might not fit your mellon head and other brand would.

Remember, you want it to be snug fit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts