Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a big day for me. Just put a deposit down on a Blk\Yellow K5. Can't pick it up till Oct 3 due to no $$$ till then. The next 3 months will be the longest ever. Here's my story:
I've always had a bike since I was 10 years old, up until 6 years ago when we bought a house. I've been through numerous YZ's, CR's, FZR's and CBR's but never a Suzi. My last street bike 6 years ago was a 900RR. I'm 36 now and the last 6 years have been progressively eating away at me until I finally snapped this spring and started looking for a new ride. I decided to keep an open mind and consider any of the 4 (Yami,Hon,Kawi,Suzi). When I first saw pictures of the K5 I was sceptical. Then I saw one in person and thought it looked tough. Like a bully just waiting to rip your arms off and beat you with the bloody end. I've always been a Yamaha\Honda fan but I think riding an 04/05 R1 would make me feel a bit light in the loffers. And the Honda, it's got a lot going for it but I'de feel like I should wear a suit and tie when riding it? The ZX10 well...I'm not sure... I've tried extremely hard to pursuade my self into buying one if the price was right but for some reason just can't do it? I'm not intentionally putting any of the other bikes down because overall the hardest for me has been deciding what bike to get when they are all awsome. It's just that they all have different characteristics to suit different tastes. It may sound wierd but, I think my final desision is being made from instinct. I can't get the K5 out of my head, it always rises to the top. And from all the forums, articles and people I've talked to, no one, and I mean no one, can legitimatly say anything negative about it. It was instinct.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Good pick Bro.

and you got the best color scheme!

Be sure to post a few picks in october! We'll be here waiting.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
It's a big day for me. Just put a deposit down on a Blk\Yellow K5. Can't pick it up till Oct 3 due to no $$$ till then. The next 3 months will be the longest ever. Here's my story:
I've always had a bike since I was 10 years old, up until 6 years ago when we bought a house. I've been through numerous YZ's, CR's, FZR's and CBR's but never a Suzi. My last street bike 6 years ago was a 900RR. I'm 36 now and the last 6 years have been progressively eating away at me until I finally snapped this spring and started looking for a new ride. I decided to keep an open mind and consider any of the 4 (Yami,Hon,Kawi,Suzi). When I first saw pictures of the K5 I was sceptical. Then I saw one in person and thought it looked tough. Like a bully just waiting to rip your arms off and beat you with the bloody end. I've always been a Yamaha\Honda fan but I think riding an 04/05 R1 would make me feel a bit light in the loffers. And the Honda, it's got a lot going for it but I'de feel like I should wear a suit and tie when riding it? The ZX10 well...I'm not sure... I've tried extremely hard to pursuade my self into buying one if the price was right but for some reason just can't do it? I'm not intentionally putting any of the other bikes down because overall the hardest for me has been deciding what bike to get when they are all awsome. It's just that they all have different characteristics to suit different tastes. It may sound wierd but, I think my final desision is being made from instinct. I can't get the K5 out of my head, it always rises to the top. And from all the forums, articles and people I've talked to, no one, and I mean no one, can legitimatly say anything negative about it. It was instinct.
Welcome

I think you made a good evaluation and I am sure you will not be dissapointed.

I know it's a cliche, but you couldn't gone wrong with either of them. The K5 just has that little extra this year I think.

BTW.....you might want to revise that avatar. Someone else on the board has the same if I'm not wrong.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Very well put, congrats. I feel the same way
there is something this bike has always had that the others dont. Cant say for sure, but its there

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
By October the 06 will be available. Just wait for that, or make them give you a price break on a leftover.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Congrat on your pick. My decision ended up btw the ZX10R and the K5. I choose the K5 because it felt better all around when I sat on it, and it was the cheapest as well

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By October the 06 will be available. Just wait for that, or make them give you a price break on a leftover.
Thanks for the idea but, I've covered all the options:
I thought of an 06 but I'm already getting a smoking deal on the 05. So for me to get a K6 would be an extra few hunderd bucks. I also like the bright (High visibility in traffic) yellow\blk scheme. Besides no changes for K6 anyway. Also I plan on keeping the bike for at least 5-7 years so for resale by then, 1 year won't make much difference.

·
Registered
42 Posts
nice job, i was shopping for a zx10r when i happened to see a black and yellow k5, and my decision was made there, suzukis attention to detail paid off. black and yellow may be the best color choice, but i got the blue and white because they are faster in those colors!!!!!!!!! hah

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am a new Gixxer owner to. Picked it up Saturday. Couldnt pass it up. Been busy havent had time to post, been working and riding. WEEEEE its fun. BL/YL paint. Just trying to figure out if I should go with a fender elimanator or just get a couple L brackets.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well Comgrats on bike but i got the Yell/Blk man its a bitch keeping that fucker clean i wish i got Blk/Red. but anyways im happy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
your gonna love your k5 it is a serious machine it will power the front wheel up from 1st 2nd and 3rd on throttle alone .Its like riding a 600 with an additude.lol

·
Registered
849 Posts
I hope it rains every day tell you get your bike but I am afraid you'll miss the heart of the riding season. Better late than never.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts