Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys me again,

Ok so a friend looked at my bike today and reckons the cat(bread box) is standard and someone has put a Micron GP slip on silencer on.... Firstly would this make any difference or is it a waste of time having the Micron GP can on? Would it run ok as not been out on road yet??

Also I have the chance of a nice remus pipe and collector box cheap, are these any good and what difference would it make?

Steve

·
Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance and
5,533 Posts
And the pipe you have, has a Micron logo on it?

Slip-on systems for the 06/07 600&750 replace the catalytic converter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the pipe itself is def a Micron GP but I think the cat is as per original...... SOmeone has got a can and just put it on original cat, its black you see and micron collector boxes are silver even if the can is black as mine is..

What difference would it make or is it a waste of time? Do you know what the Remus ones are like, its a pipe and collector box.

Steve

·
5,533 Posts
The 06/07 OEM (stock) muffler is attached to the catalytic converter as one assembly that connects to the OEM header. Unless someone substituted your header for a 08/09 header (the 08/09 header is connected to the catalytic converter), then they must have hacked the cat to put the slip-on on there.

Regardless, a slip-on exhaust is for looks and sound purposes only. You will not notice any difference in horsepower unless you re-tune your computer or get a PC or similar unit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi mate

thanks for that, I will remove the cat tmrw and see if it was hacked, the original exhaust was trashed I beleive so maybe the did just hack the tail pipe off?

It just seems all Micron collectors are silver but mines black like OEM?? Will the Remus make any difference with the cat bypass if mine is the orignal cat and just a slip on tail pipe?

Steve

·
5,533 Posts
You should take a picture and post it up.

I don't follow Micron much but I thought they offered a black version for the 06/07. If you want the Remus, go for it but the only difference will be the look and the sound. Even removing the cat, you won't notice any difference other than it's gonna smell a bit more like unburnt fuel since there is no collector. :lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks mate, will post a pic up but prob not worth spending any money on remus as might as well save and get a pc with map.

1 more question, are the back indicators on my k7 bulbs or led board built in?

Steve

·
5,533 Posts
No problem. :cheers

The tail light/brake light consists of LEDs but the turn indicators are bulbs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah mine arent, they are little boards with lots of leds on, thats why they flash so bloody fast... Can I get a different flasher relsy to sort this? How many pins do the flasher relays have?

Steve

·
5,533 Posts
To be honest, I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to LEDs. I believe what you would need to do is put some kind of resistor in the circuit, because LEDs operate with less resistance, hence the faster rate of flashing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No worries, thanks for your help anyway its been brilliant. I think ive found a new relay that will sort led indicators out.

Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts