Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up another turn key racebike that I have history with. The original owner built my race engines back in the late 1990's and was the owner of Suzuki of Morristown. Great guy who taught me a lot but at the age of 70 retired from racing to focus on teaching sky diving and flying the plane they jump out of. He sold this bike to my competitor along with his trailer and a race RD 350. Over the years I've sold my competitor engines, heads, carbs wheels and cranks and he said he'd make me a deal I couldn't refuse. So I bought this lovely canary of an 87. One time when my 1216 was down he had loaned me this bike and I went to Jennings and won my first race on it. Not much to look at but it's a 771 with Webb Cams, 38 flat slides, Dyna ignition, Fox shock in the rear and emulators and springs in the front. Total loss with race harness and 17 inch wheel conversion. It's now in my basement and will see some AHRMA duty this year as a backup. I've got an extra blue limited seat that will match the blue stripe and a nice set of PM's to clean it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
apart from the colour, this is where my bike is headed in terms of build. Got a way to go yet as I high-sided her last year, so just getting her back to running condition is taking a while. do you know what springs are in the front at all? I am running Mikuni 38 flats which I was really enjoying with the extra power, actually I think they contributed to my demise as they brought on a lot of power in a short space of time....

Good luck with her on the track....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the adventures of the high side as I wrecked my AHRMA 771 twice last year. Once with a high side and the other just pushing too hard. Bodywork still has not been repainted so I thought I'd have a backup plan in the event it's not ready. After I high sided I was run over by another racer. Got the bike repainted and made 3 other events before a mild low side at Barber in late october

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
right on! is this your 4th or 5th first gen in your stable?

always nice to see these first gens on the track.

i low-sided my "#1" 86 750 in november, but then the bike apparently flipped/tumbled, because both sides sustained damage, along with busted master cylinder, lever, push/pull throttle assembly, etc...luckily, no damage to me. crashing sucks. still trying to get my "#2" first gen track ready.

keep us posted on the progress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts