Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IF this fight were to happen... I think GSP's super-human ground and pound technique poses a real threat to Anderson Silva. GSP certainly isn't going to engage in a standup fight with Silva, so you can just forget about seeing that, so were talking about Silva's jiu-jitsu vs. GSP's wrestling... so if you look at it like that... I can see GSP winning a gay decision for staying on top of Anderson the whole fight and beating him up on the ground. Hell even Travis Luter mounted Silva. The real point is...Silva probably wont be able to stop GSP's takedowns.. bi penn couldn't, koschek couldn't, his takedowns are the best in MMA.. THATS gsp's real strength, (that and his conditioning). ... and from what I've seen of andersons ground game it was only ok, not world class like his standup. I realize Andersons talent and size advantage over GSP, and anything can happen in this sport... but on paper.. gsp wins that fight.
ps. I despise GSP

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
GSP is VERY strong. Silva would need to keep it on the feet, and GSP is no slouch on his feet, but silva has better boxing skills, I agree. Silva won't be able to avoid being taken to the mat with GSP. I pick GSP in this matchup, if it happens.

You should have made this a poll.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Getting him to the ground is a challenge, keeping him there and effectively striking is another. Dont forget the 20-25 lb weight advantage.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
The Dreaded Midnight Taint Slapper
17,898 Posts
Silva dismantles GSP in 2.
if GSP is able to get him to the ground without having one of silva's nuclear bombs send him to la-la land, GSP could win, but silva doesn't seem to miss very many punches, and just looks better and better.

forrest griffin is a great fighter, as is chris leben, and rich franklin, and he made them all look retarded.

I would love to see a GSP vs Silva fight card.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GSP is a true 170lb'er. I think it would be foolish for him to come up to 185lbs and fight one of the best strikers in mma.
Not exactly... GSP walks around much heavier than 170, he's quite big for the 170 division. However, I don't disagree that silva has a size advantage. I think anyone who fights silva is foolish:lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts