Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
BRYAN
13,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well somehow Silva pulled a triangle choke out of hiss ass after being dominated like never before for 4 and 1/2 rounds :chucks

Anyone else watch this? Pretty exciting night of fights :cheers

·
I Heart Man Sauce
6,488 Posts
Silva got his *ss whipped that whole fight, I was shocked when he pulled off that (slightly questionable) tap out. Crazy fight.

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
ya a single tap on the leg and they called it kinda gay
They did a replay of the tap out, and it was indeed a tap out. They will play it over.. Gay?

Some see it big time differently. Silva got his ass whipped for 4 and 3/4ths rounds, but still prevailed in the end..

·
Chief Chokesonmoob, on a Crusade Against Straightn
4,019 Posts
that was a good fight sliva stayed in the fight that was a tap no questions about it..... fucking sonnen goes down with another tap LOL, talking smack its shit

·
BRYAN
13,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They did a replay of the tap out, and it was indeed a tap out. They will play it over.. Gay?

Some see it big time differently. Silva got his ass whipped for 4 and 3/4ths rounds, but still prevailed in the end..
that was deff a tap.

I see it as Silva winning the fight. In my eyes Sonnen could not finish him yes he whipped his ass but he still lost. Yea if it went to decision Sonnen would have won buuuuuuuuuut it didnt go to decision because Silva FINISHED the fight

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
that was deff a tap.

I see it as Silva winning the fight. In my eyes Sonnen could not finish him yes he whipped his ass but he still lost. Yea if it went to decision Sonnen would have won buuuuuuuuuut it didnt go to decision because Silva FINISHED the fight
From what I be reading and hearing, Sonnen is the real deal. He KICKED Silva's ass big time. However, like you and many others say, he didn't FINISH Silva. Somebody with a record like Silva, should be considered dangerous at all times. The only time to even think about letting up on somebody like Silva is when he is flat out on the floor and the ref has moved the other fighter to a neutral corner, or if he tapped out.

IMO, Sonnen should have went for the knockout!!

I heard Silva was mighty humble at the end too! That is something right there..

And the REMATCH is going to be a muther!! :)

·
BRYAN
13,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what I be reading and hearing, Sonnen is the real deal. He KICKED Silva's ass big time. However, like you and many others say, he didn't FINISH Silva. Somebody with a record like Silva, should be considered dangerous at all times. The only time to even think about letting up on somebody like Silva is when he is flat out on the floor and the ref has moved the other fighter to a neutral corner, or if he tapped out.

IMO, Sonnen should have went for the knockout!!

I heard Silva was mighty humble at the end too! That is something right there..

And the REMATCH is going to be a muther!! :)

Yea I agree, Sonnen is the real deal. It would have been something if he actually knocked Silva out because of all that pre-fight shit that he talked.

Kind of ironic that he pretty much called jiu-jitsu gay and in the end lost to a jiu-jitsu move :lol

You can never count this guy out unless like you said he is out cold or tapped out and this fight proves that.

Silva knew he was dominated, but he also knew he pulled out the win. It would have been ridiculous if his post fight interview went any other way then it did.

I cannot wait for that rematch. Being a Silva fan I'd like to see him have a dominating performance and finish that fight in style

·
Premium Member
18,076 Posts
fuck i need to watch that fight.

·
I Heart Man Sauce
6,488 Posts
The fight is also on the the front page of entensity.net, which is a NSFW website to say the least. I watched it live on justin.tv/atdhe.net.

·
Registered
156 Posts
No way was that a dodgy triangle. He had him fair and square. Sonnen was getting tired, and made a mistake. He tried his best to finish Silva, but couldn't.

Great fight, and great win for Silva. He took some huge bombs and still kept fighting.

·
BRYAN
13,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anderson Silvas manager on potential rematch

You got submitted, man. You were on top of him for 23 minutes of the fight and you couldn't finish him. Anderson got a few bumps and bruises, but let's be realistic, you're on a guy 23 minutes and you couldn't finish him? Why should he get a rematch?

that is the god damn truth, get to the back of the line Sonnen

·
Registered
30 Posts
If he doesn't give him a rematch everyone, except for silva fans will be calling him out and talkin trash. Yeah he survived and Sonnen couldn't finish him but thats not how most people see it. People see it as he got lucky and if he doesn't fight him again he's scared. I honestly thought Silva was going to walk through him like he did to almost everyone else, and he might if he doesn't get rocked in the rematch, but we WILL see this one again because Dana won't let him stay at the top without fighting the best contenders, and its pretty clear that Sonnen put up the best fight. Not to mention the HUGE number of veiwers that will tune in for the rematch.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That said Silva looked much more controlled toward the end of the fight and Sonnen looked exhausted. Silva had the endurance to go the 5 round distance and imo thats what won him the fight, and is only part of what makes him the best fighter in his class, which is measured by victories. And all he does is win.

·
Premium Member
4,513 Posts
Sonne fudged up and lost but I think the shocker of the night was Matt Hughes won his fight by a tap out. I expect Matt to ground and pound not submit someone

·
I Heart Man Sauce
6,488 Posts
You got submitted, man. You were on top of him for 23 minutes of the fight and you couldn't finish him. Anderson got a few bumps and bruises, but let's be realistic, you're on a guy 23 minutes and you couldn't finish him? Why should he get a rematch?
Translation: We barely escaped and got lucky, no way I'm putting my fighter in with you ever again. The money is too good elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts