Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
They need bolts for safety wire like K&N.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Any comparison with AGIP oils? That seems to be the recommended among the Euro bikes (Ducati, MV's, Aprillia) or maybe just an Italian thing. But would like to hear any feedback on that oil as I can get it for about $9/liter.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
i have been thinking about switching to ams oil, would you be able to point me in the right direction of some oil and a filter? would 20-50 be a little too extreme for a street / drag bike? by the way i got a 07 1k :cheers

·
Biased Multi Level Marketing Dealer - take into co
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
i have been thinking about switching to ams oil, would you be able to point me in the right direction of some oil and a filter? would 20-50 be a little too extreme for a street / drag bike? by the way i got a 07 1k :cheers
I can take care of your AMSOIL needs..

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey thanks for looking.
any aftermarket companies make a filter box that replaces the OEM and uses aftermarket filters, maybe something in the EAAU line or POD filter? maybe someone else can chime in?
Javier

·
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
That would work if you can find something like that.

Let me know if you come up with anything.

Bob

·
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I use Amsoil oil but your filters are ridiculously expensive. I'll stick with K&N
That is fine... You get what you pay for. If 2 or 3 dollars on a change for the Best Filter you can buy makes a difference, that is up to you. I think $12.50 for a filter like ours is more than reasonable. The one on my bike is $13.05.

I would recommend a Pure One over the K&N, at least you will have a pretty decent filter.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

·
Registered
42 Posts
True Amsoil fanboy here been using it in a few different cars and now in my 600hp Evo. I use the motor oil(RD30 during race season and ATM during the winter) , tranny fluid(MTG), TC and rear diff fluid only(SRN). This is also my first year using it in my bike but if it keeps everything clean like the car then I have no fear.

Quick question Bob I know in automotive use you can use the ATM and EaO filters for 15K is this the same for motorcycles?

·
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
True Amsoil fanboy here been using it in a few different cars and now in my 600hp Evo. I use the motor oil(RD30 during race season and ATM during the winter) , tranny fluid(MTG), TC and rear diff fluid only(SRN). This is also my first year using it in my bike but if it keeps everything clean like the car then I have no fear.

Quick question Bob I know in automotive use you can use the ATM and EaO filters for 15K is this the same for motorcycles?
You must not be one of over 1600 EVOm members that I have sold to.

You cannot go that far in an EVO.... The EVO calls for synthetic from the factory. Without using oil analysis, you are not suppose to exceed the longest recommended drain interval, which, on the EVO, is 5000 miles. Especially with the RD-30 and if you own an X as their fuel dilution problem is rediculous. The RD-30 is NOT designed for extended drains. Why change for winter ? They are the same viscosity.

For the bike, up to 2X the OEM recommended interval or 1 year, as long as, the AMSOIL Filter is used. I advise not going more than 150% on the first change due to the oil that is held in the engine that cannot be drained.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

·
Registered
42 Posts
You must not be one of over 1600 EVOm members that I have sold to.

You cannot go that far in an EVO.... The EVO calls for synthetic from the factory. Without using oil analysis, you are not suppose to exceed the longest recommended drain interval, which, on the EVO, is 5000 miles. Especially with the RD-30 and if you own an X as their fuel dilution problem is rediculous. The RD-30 is NOT designed for extended drains. Why change for winter ? They are the same viscosity.

For the bike, up to 2X the OEM recommended interval or 1 year, as long as, the AMSOIL Filter is used. I advise not going more than 150% on the first change due to the oil that is held in the engine that cannot be drained.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob
Actually there is a vendor on EvoM.net that I purchase my oil for the car from. I was using the RD-30 because I took the car with me to Florida on vacation and I set up a run against my brother-in-laws' Nissan GTR and Turbo M3. Long story short my Evo 8 blew both those cars away. I put 5k on that oil and just switched to ATM. The ATM is perfect for me since I'm not racing the car this year....next year going with a new setup should get me 700hp.

But back on topic Amsoil is the Best Lub hands down

·
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Actually there is a vendor on EvoM.net that I purchase my oil for the car from. I was using the RD-30 because I took the car with me to Florida on vacation and I set up a run against my brother-in-laws' Nissan GTR and Turbo M3. Long story short my Evo 8 blew both those cars away. I put 5k on that oil and just switched to ATM. The ATM is perfect for me since I'm not racing the car this year....next year going with a new setup should get me 700hp.

But back on topic Amsoil is the Best Lub hands down
Must be talking about Andy.

You may want to check my prices. Do you use the same nick on EVOm ?

The RD-30 is an awesome oil.

The SSO 0W-30 is our Top of the line Street oil and even works great on the Track.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

·
Registered
42 Posts
Must be talking about Andy.

You may want to check my prices. Do you use the same nick on EVOm ?

The RD-30 is an awesome oil.

The SSO 0W-30 is our Top of the line Street oil and even works great on the Track.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob
So if your telling me that you have better prices I'm listing....and yes I'm talking about Andy Pagan and yeah I use the same screen name really on all message forums I go on. Just as a test could you PM me a price for 5qts of ATM shipped to 10522?

I used the SSO series oil when I first got the car tuned back last June and put some extending life on it 10K to be exact and sent the oil to the lab and they gave me the big thumbs up. But like I said I put RD-30 in it and I want to put in the ATM since I'm just going to be DD the car this year

101 - 120 of 152 Posts