Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

81 - 100 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just to keep the record straight.....AMSOIL EA Series Automotive and MotorCycle Filters are ASSEMBLED mostly by WIX, not made by them. The internal parts come from several souces. Donaldson does manufacture the Patented Media used in the EA filters but the Donaldson Automotive filters do not use this material by contractual agreement. It is ONLY available to AMSOIL.

The K&N does have a good Micron Rating although not as good as the AMSOIL Filters. The problem I see with the K&N is they utilize compressed cellulose media... Imagine the media like this... Take corrogated cardboard... it is a huge wick for any moisture... now compress it and it basically becomes a brown paper bag.. The bag has a slicker surface and will not hold the contaminants as well allowing them to fall off and back into the system.. just my observation.

The Mobil 1 filter is a good filter but I don't like the use of a stamped steel by-pass spring.. I would opt for the WIX ..

Doc
Tue but I got by what oil analysis people say (never dealers) and so far, they are right with there suggustions for my auto (AMsoil, K&N or Mobil filters). If wears are within 10% a pass bypass spring does not matter. It matters if your engine is dirty as hell and it blugs (never had that issue yet). Heck, I can use a lesser filter and LC20 in Amsoil and perform better then 2 out of 3 filter above.

Do not get me wrong I think Amsoil is a great oil but not needed in some apps and they do not get the lowest wears in all apps either. Now with brake fluid and PS fluid it going a little nuts. I might by it just to see for $5.20 PC price.

Reason why I dislike it; I used Amsoil from day 1 in cars, diesels etc for years. Then tried Lc20 and wears came back WAY better and this product cleaned better then anything to date. That was the #1 selling point for Lc20 and a "hit" on Amsoil. Amsoil's 25K mile is a crap shoot. Even TS will tell you that and even how they came up with it. Lastly, is there shipping is a joke. I can order a spark plug and its weight is 1 lb but a qts is what?

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Tue but I got by what oil analysis people say (never dealers) and so far, they are right with there suggustions for my auto (AMsoil, K&N or Mobil filters). If wears are within 10% a pass bypass spring does not matter. It matters if your engine is dirty as hell and it blugs (never had that issue yet). Heck, I can use a lesser filter and LC20 in Amsoil and perform better then 2 out of 3 filter above.

Do not get me wrong I think Amsoil is a great oil but not needed in some apps and they do not get the lowest wears in all apps either. Now with brake fluid and PS fluid it going a little nuts. I might by it just to see for $5.20 PC price.

Reason why I dislike it; I used Amsoil from day 1 in cars, diesels etc for years. Then tried Lc20 and wears came back WAY better and this product cleaned better then anything to date. That was the #1 selling point for Lc20 and a "hit" on Amsoil. Amsoil's 25K mile is a crap shoot. Even TS will tell you that and even how they came up with it. Lastly, is there shipping is a joke. I can order a spark plug and its weight is 1 lb but a qts is what?
We have 112,000 miles on our 2004 Trailblazer. Ive changed the oil in it 5 times. We have yet to have a single hiccup from that motor. It uses Amsoil 5w30

·
Registered
433 Posts
We have 112,000 miles on our 2004 Trailblazer. Ive changed the oil in it 5 times. We have yet to have a single hiccup from that motor. It uses Amsoil 5w30
Well you either have the following using it to that degree.

1) Major varnish and some sludge starting since you do not have pix and UOA’s. ANY UOA house will not say to push that long on one change with only FF filter.

2) Using a by-pass.

3) Lots of highway miles and lots of luck.

These are my thoughts on it since I have only seem a handful going this long on oil (in almost 20 years) using FF on daily driver; but the outcome is the oil is/was junk long time ago thus wears are higher then should. These 5w-30 is there lower end oil too. In my cars I am lucky to see 13K and it is spent (and that is with way to many UOA's). YMMV

·
Registered
16 Posts
What's LC20 and where can I get it? Also, I cant find a dealer for Amsoil. All the websites I go to only advertise it :( Someone find me a dealer cuz I dont have one near by and ordering online is my only option right now.

·
Registered
433 Posts
What's LC20 and where can I get it? Also, I cant find a dealer for Amsoil. All the websites I go to only advertise it :( Someone find me a dealer cuz I dont have one near by and ordering online is my only option right now.

Lube Control is here. http://lubecontrol.com/

there are MILLIONS of Amsoil dealers out there, most are clueless. Unless they are give you a deal, go online and get it. Most give you a link and their ZO # is it when you are still paying retail but they get a kickback.

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
Just for the record, my race partner and I use Amsoil 10-40 in our racebikes. The dam fool changes the oil dam near once a year.:hammer Anyway, both bikes run like a charm.. In 2007, we did an average of 25 races, and about 30 trackdays. I would say the oil was changed twice..No problems whatsoever. We laughed at a couple of our buddies who change oil after each race event..

I just put Amsoil 10-40 in my streetbike. I plan on changing oil about every 6000. Will go in my F150 next too.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Lube Control is here. http://lubecontrol.com/

there are MILLIONS of Amsoil dealers out there, most are clueless. Unless they are give you a deal, go online and get it. Most give you a link and their ZO # is it when you are still paying retail but they get a kickback.

I think you are the one that is clueless... You seem to know bits and pieces about things and then give misinformation along the way.

If someone goes to the corporate site, they pay Full Retail Plus Freight, Plus Tax. Unless you Pay for a Dealership or Preferred Customer Membership. Or, you find a Dealer, such as myself that sells at Dealer Cost.

Everyone is ALWAYS tied to a Dealer, even when they go to the Corp site. There is No Way to buy Direct from AMSOIL. Even OEM accounts go through Dealer.

Now, as far as Hawaii, If you are close to Honolulu, we ship container loads to a location there quite often and your order can be picked up there. Otherwise, the freight would be astronomical.

Doc

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think you are the one that is clueless... You seem to know bits and pieces about things and then give misinformation along the way.

If someone goes to the corporate site, they pay Full Retail Plus Freight, Plus Tax. Unless you Pay for a Dealership or Preferred Customer Membership. Or, you find a Dealer, such as myself that sells at Dealer Cost.

Everyone is ALWAYS tied to a Dealer, even when they go to the Corp site. There is No Way to buy Direct from AMSOIL. Even OEM accounts go through Dealer.

Now, as far as Hawaii, If you are close to Honolulu, we ship container loads to a location there quite often and your order can be picked up there. Otherwise, the freight would be astronomical.

Doc

I give bits and pieces etc since I cannot “feed” you all the time. Need to step up to the plate.

If you, a dealer give a link with your ZO, you WILL get a kick back. That is a FACT.

Yes, there is a way to buy without a dealer in the mix. If you do to amsoil.com, there is no upline etc. To commision etc. AGain, been there before..

Why you are complaining I have no idea. Most dealers have no clue and that is one reason why I dislike there dealership signup. Any clown can pay the $30 and be a clown..Then pimp this and that and have no clue.

Again take dino and add LC20..Then take Amsoil (any one) and test it..The results with Lc are amazing.....

·
Banned
15 Posts
I give bits and pieces etc since I cannot “feed” you all the time. Need to step up to the plate.

You give false information

If you, a dealer give a link with your ZO, you WILL get a kick back. That is a FACT.

I (A Dealer) do not link to anything.. You must call me to place an order so as to avoid that, there is no way to order from my web site. I sell at Dealer Cost !

Yes, there is a way to buy without a dealer in the mix. If you do to amsoil.com, there is no upline etc. To commision etc. AGain, been there before..

Again, False Information as you have No Idea what you are talking about.

It is impossible to buy Directly from AMSOIL, you are ALWAYS linked through a Dealer. Going to the corporate site, you will pay Full Retail Pricing unless you PAY to become a Preferred Customer. Why bother doing that when I will sell right at Dealer Cost, No Clubs, No Memberships, No Minimums. Not only that, I will comp a 6 month Preferred Customer Membership ($10.00 Value) with anyone's order if they want it.

Why you are complaining I have no idea. Most dealers have no clue and that is one reason why I dislike there dealership signup. Any clown can pay the $30 and be a clown..Then pimp this and that and have no clue.

Again, you are the clueless one... I care because this is my livelyhood. I have been doing this for 25 years and then you are trying to tell me that I am wrong.

Again take dino and add LC20..Then take Amsoil (any one) and test it..The results with Lc are amazing.....
Lets see the ASTM and SAE test reports.. Some Dyno tests and Oil Analysis to back up the extended drains they claim would be helpful as well.

Doc

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have all the reports since I read them daily dyno testing is BS. UOA telling more and I have lots. But why would I post them to benefit anyone but ME and somone called oil_doc? They should know it already with that name..LOL

Again my last oil test using Lc20 blew Amsoil ASL away. I am not using there 0w-20 (have a baseline) and now using it with LC20 in same lexus...So far Amsoil is overrated in some apps..I also have dino UOA's but again, you try it and see.

As severla UOA testing house have said, "LC20 makes Amsoil do what it claims."

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have all the reports since I read them daily dyno testing is BS. UOA telling more and I have lots. But why would I post them to benefit anyone but ME and somone called oil_doc? They should know it already with that name..LOL

Again my last oil test using Lc20 blew Amsoil ASL away. I am not using there 0w-20 (have a baseline) and now using it with LC20 in same lexus...So far Amsoil is overrated in some apps..I also have dino UOA's but again, you try it and see.

As severla UOA testing house have said, "LC20 makes Amsoil do what it claims."
so i guess you dont like amsoil

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
:lol

And I do like Amsoil

·
Registered
433 Posts
so i guess you dont like amsoil
No I like the products. I just think most of these dealers are clueless, marketing lacking etc and there products are good in autos but it can be better with another product. I like lower wear levels etc. Using LC makes Amsoil the best I can find. If I did not see the UOA, I would not "buy" the two products.

Imy bike, I love it, just lacking in my autos.

·
Biased Multi Level Marketing Dealer - take into co
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
No I like the products. I just think most of these dealers are clueless, marketing lacking etc and there products are good in autos but it can be better with another product. I like lower wear levels etc. Using LC makes Amsoil the best I can find. If I did not see the UOA, I would not "buy" the two products.

Imy bike, I love it, just lacking in my autos.
I am not representing the OIL DOC, but we do appreciate your Amsoil business and hope you continue through the years using it. I am in my 28th year using it in everything I own and the only reason I still use it is because it lives up to every claim and I am not an easy person to win over when it comes to lubrication. I have been a licensed mechanic for over 40 years and have been involved with multi-million dollar powerplants as well little lawn mower engines all using synthetic oils. It is true Amsoil dealers come from all walks of life and backgrounds, but many of us are highly trained engineers and are not employees like reps from other oil companies that really have no technical background what so ever. With this said though no matter what the background is of the rep, if the product doesn't live up to the claims it really doesn't matter.
george

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi George, I think Amsoil is a very good product. It does lack in a few areas for auto. I do think there new and improved bike oil is kick a$$. In my lexus it (engine oil) is “spent” after about 17K miles. Far from the 25K. That was years ago on the UOA. I tried to many versions of there ASM and ASL.

95% the reps I have know, even my old upline was dumb as rocks. Told me to go XX miles without knowing anything.

I thank you for you kind words. You do not seem to be like most. I was a dealer back when you go do the lifetime for XXX dollars. I was only one for like 12 years then got out.

Since I have a good baseline it will be neat to see how the EaO filter baseline on the old SDF...

81 - 100 of 152 Posts