Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

61 - 80 of 152 Posts

·
no rest for the wicked
3,415 Posts
Kind of saying two diff things here. :punk

Whom cares on how clean it looks..If it is clear, you either have a clean engine (1,000,000 it needs to be cleaned), the fluid is not cleaning (not enough adds) or its adds are not holding dirt in fluid.

Heck I just changed Amsoil ASM with EaO filter last night. Oil was black as tar with only 2,500 miles.

Ride on dude...:burnout:cheers
thats nice.... but i think most people like to see that after a few thousand miles that there oil still looks a little goildish tint to it...i also know that doesent tell the whole story of the oil.... but like i said early on i am a mechanic and i have hade lots of engines torn down and all that were drained and came out really black hade sludge deposets all through the engine... and the ones that hade amsoil in them showed no sluge at all and when it was draind erarly the amsoil was still very clean looking... so i think that is saying something... you dont have to like there markiting but it does not mean that amsoil is not a top notch oil... i love amsoil and been using it for about ten years and never once has amsoil let me or any of my guys down...:cheers

·
Registered
246 Posts
thats nice.... but i think most people like to see that after a few thousand miles that there oil still looks a little goildish tint to it...i also know that doesent tell the whole story of the oil.... but like i said early on i am a mechanic and i have hade lots of engines torn down and all that were drained and came out really black hade sludge deposets all through the engine... and the ones that hade amsoil in them showed no sluge at all and when it was draind erarly the amsoil was still very clean looking... so i think that is saying something... you dont have to like there markiting but it does not mean that amsoil is not a top notch oil... i love amsoil and been using it for about ten years and never once has amsoil let me or any of my guys down...:cheers
+1000

·
Banned
399 Posts
Does someone have that link to the filters and how they stack up against each other??
i just bought 3 gallons of amsoil ,and the dealer said the filters amsoil make arnt the best..
He's a owner of a auto repair shop..

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
for a 2005 gsxr 750 what oil and oil filter and fluids do you recommend?
Amsoil 10-40 synthetic motorcycle oil, amsoil filter.

Other fluids: Amsoil:biggrin

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have seen Amsoil have high NOX and OXD, which is bad (causes sludge). Are they a good oil, yup and been using it in my gsxr since 1993. My point is that I do not take there marketing as 100% since I have seen times when they are not the best and their action news is BS.

In fact, I can show you Amsoil in my personal auto's and it is jet black. Does not mean it is bad, no. I am no mech, only aerospace engineer and I only go by UOA's to see me what is up.

My point is you can have golden brown and looking new oil and have major fuel in it etc.

My closing point is there 25K is huge marketing (using FF filter alone) and if you want to go mch longer use LC20 and it will reduce wears bigtime. After using it in a Lexus and MB I would never NOT use it. After using there SDF filters (along with there old foam ones), I do not expect much from there new EaO filters

·
Registered
433 Posts
Does someone have that link to the filters and how they stack up against each other??
i just bought 3 gallons of amsoil ,and the dealer said the filters amsoil make arnt the best..
Amsoil EaO are to be the best on the market. Unless he has Donaldon filters (cheaper but make Amsoil's filters), Amsoil EaO are the best hands down (so far)..

Now I take the side on the underdog. In Amsoil older land (SDF), K&N and Mobil would give you the same results.

·
Banned
399 Posts
^^^
a link would be helpful..

·
no rest for the wicked
3,415 Posts
I have seen Amsoil have high NOX and OXD, which is bad (causes sludge). Are they a good oil, yup and been using it in my gsxr since 1993. My point is that I do not take there marketing as 100% since I have seen times when they are not the best and their action news is BS.

In fact, I can show you Amsoil in my personal auto's and it is jet black. Does not mean it is bad, no. I am no mech, only aerospace engineer and I only go by UOA's to see me what is up.

My point is you can have golden brown and looking new oil and have major fuel in it etc.

My closing point is there 25K is huge marketing (using FF filter alone) and if you want to go mch longer use LC20 and it will reduce wears bigtime. After using it in a Lexus and MB I would never NOT use it. After using there SDF filters (along with there old foam ones), I do not expect much from there new EaO filters
:eek:fftopic lets see that 1993 gsxr:cheers

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
where can i get the oil fliter EAOM-109 from?

I went to the website on your very first post but only saw the oil and other fliters.

·
Banned
15 Posts
He is incorrect... The AMSOIL EA Series filters actually test better than the 15 Micron advertised.

There is not another filter on the market that filters better.

Doc

·
Banned
15 Posts
Amsoil EaO are to be the best on the market. Unless he has Donaldon filters (cheaper but make Amsoil's filters), Amsoil EaO are the best hands down (so far)..

Now I take the side on the underdog. In Amsoil older land (SDF), K&N and Mobil would give you the same results.
Just to keep the record straight.....AMSOIL EA Series Automotive and MotorCycle Filters are ASSEMBLED mostly by WIX, not made by them. The internal parts come from several souces. Donaldson does manufacture the Patented Media used in the EA filters but the Donaldson Automotive filters do not use this material by contractual agreement. It is ONLY available to AMSOIL.

The K&N does have a good Micron Rating although not as good as the AMSOIL Filters. The problem I see with the K&N is they utilize compressed cellulose media... Imagine the media like this... Take corrogated cardboard... it is a huge wick for any moisture... now compress it and it basically becomes a brown paper bag.. The bag has a slicker surface and will not hold the contaminants as well allowing them to fall off and back into the system.. just my observation.

The Mobil 1 filter is a good filter but I don't like the use of a stamped steel by-pass spring.. I would opt for the WIX ..

Doc

·
Registered
433 Posts
61 - 80 of 152 Posts