Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i take it that having a license is not enough, making the grid enough.... lets put this into perspective...

Should Adam run AMA?
Should Wiz?
Should Dave?
Should I?

no? why???

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
my personal thoughts are this.. if you have enough expert points to earn a license, and you can qualify for the grid then absolutely get out there.. have fun. they have qualifying cutoff for a reason.. so what if your not the most competetive guy on the grid.. your there to have fun.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
if you can get a lic and qualify, thats enough said you deserve to be there.

thats why they have a system for you to qual.

now im off to the winghouse.

and ill be timmys AMA pit bitch, i dont need to put that pressure on myself again. im old and fragile and far to handsome to risk anything

Tamera

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Should Adam run AMA?
Should Wiz?
Should Dave?
Should I?

no? why???
1. sure....I'll get to see him as they lap him....he does get good TV coverage for being a "bringing it up the rear backmarker"
2. no....too fuggin old.
3. no....too fuggin fat.
4. no...too fuggin stupid plus you could never sell enough oranges to pay for an AMA weekend.

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you can get a lic and qualify, thats enough said you deserve to be there.

thats why they have a system for you to qual.

now im off to the winghouse.

and ill be timmys AMA pit bitch, i dont need to put that pressure on myself again. im old and fragile and far to handsome to risk anything

Tamera
well then you can be mine too, my goal was to crack 34's so i can make the show and i did so i'm in... I'm working on racing the $$$ to go down as it will be an expensive weekend but i'm planning to be there.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
I'm prolly gonna be no-show and just stay local for the rest of the season. I've had a bunch of unexpected costs such as repairing the trailer, bike, getting a new helmet, etc that i won't be able to justify traveling anymore this year

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
fever--whats your ama number?

lets step it up a notch--how do ya'll feel about AMA Superbike.

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fever--whats your ama number?

lets step it up a notch--how do ya'll feel about AMA Superbike.
you will see it on the grid or when i come back... and i don't have a ike for superbike and to run it on the 600 it would be too funny!!

·
Registered
271 Posts
my personal thoughts are this.. if you have enough expert points to earn a license, and you can qualify for the grid then absolutely get out there.. have fun. they have qualifying cutoff for a reason.. so what if your not the most competetive guy on the grid.. your there to have fun.
Everyone keeps says "if you have enough Expert points to earn a Pro license". In the July Roadracing World it has a pic of Shea Fouchek (#544) and it reads: "with only 7 months of road racing experience as a Novice and a single weekend as a CMRA Expert before he got a AMA Pro licence and showed up to race for Saftey First".
So how many Expert points do you need???

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
If a man has the license and qualifies for the race then he races...period.

Who gives a shit what some internet detractor thinks.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
100 points (using their conversion sheet) for a SS/SStock/FX license.

They will always take into other considerations.

For instance, they gave Wizzo a onetime use provisional license to let him try to prove himself.

Do you know anything about Shea Fouchek? He's won multiple WERA novice classes repeatedly.

He's also a former pro MX champ. Ever think they likely gave him a provisional license and he went out and kicked butt so they gave him a permanent one?

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
If you can make it to the AMA's more power to you. If you are fast and running top 5 in club expert racing, you should move up. Look at the AMA top guys profile, they have been there for several years and when they did get into AMA they were back markers as well. Each year a rider will improve and refine their skills. Especially if your a privateer on a budget, give it time youll be in the top 10 in no time.

I say do it bro! You only live once!

·
Registered
950 Posts
The AMA sets up minimal requirements for a reason, and has a % cutoff as well. If you try and do get a AMA pro licence, then you absolutely deserve it. If you use your license to race AMA events and don't qualify...you obvoiusly don't deserve to be in that particular race. Though you still deserve the ability to try again.

If you have one...use it and have fun.

If you want one...try to get one and if you do get it....have fun.

If someone thinks you don't deserve to be there...they should aquire an AMA license themselves and try to Q with a time that would place you below the cut off time to prove you don't deserve to be there. Or shut the fuck up.

Fever on the other hand..........There are african american racers, European, french, japanese and caucasion........I don't think it would kill us to have an Orange market representative out there also.

·
Registered
271 Posts
100 points (using their conversion sheet) for a SS/SStock/FX license.

They will always take into other considerations.

For instance, they gave Wizzo a onetime use provisional license to let him try to prove himself.

Do you know anything about Shea Fouchek? He's won multiple WERA novice classes repeatedly.

He's also a former pro MX champ. Ever think they likely gave him a provisional license and he went out and kicked butt so they gave him a permanent one?

No I have no idea who the kids is, but aren't rules rules? If you have to have 100 Expert points why would they give him a AMA license? As a novice I won most of my races does that mean I jump right past the 100 point requirement?
I had no idea they gave out provisional licenses.

You have to remember I'm lucky to get out of the house once a month to go to the track.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Rules aren't rules, especially when they leave themselves an 'out'. There is always a clause that states 'or as mandated by management' basically giving them the right to pull whatever stunt they want.

If you look over the points assignment, you'll notice you don't get a single point unless there are at least 15 people in the race (and you finished top 10). Under that structure, its hard to get points, so they offer other ways to get in the 'club'.

It helps to call them up and ask. Or you coulda just asked me, like all the other yahoo's on here do.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Re: AMA TALK BULLSHIT *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by WebCrush

1 - 20 of 30 Posts