Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got an old 1127 street bike,its 1307 with just 1 inch stretch,380 cams+30/25 valves.best et ive had is 9.7 to date.Am i really slow or is that respectable for the set up?Thanks

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
What is your 60' and 330'?

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
That's pretty damn good for an oiler with a less than 60" wheelbase

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
If you're running 9s with an "1100", I'm not sure why you're asking the question :scratch

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Our track only does the quarter,im just trying to guage wether im missing something with this set up
and could go faster or am actually on the pace with the old bus.Thanks for the replys,the 60 ft is 1.5.Le skid its not an 1100 is it other than the sticker on the side,i have heard of 1216's going like 9.0 but i havent actually seen it(the world has a lot of bull in it)

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
1.5 is a killer 60' time, I would say you are doing well!

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Well,here is my thought on that: I've seen 1216's make 135rwhp,and I've seen 1216's make 170rwhp;depending on extent of mods.

But a 9.0 with a streetable (1216cc)engine/chassis are few and far between without power adders. A dedicated,all-out dragbike with a 7" slick and bars with a flyweight rider might get close but thats about it. :dissapointed

Whats your weight and whats you mph in the 1/8 and 1/4mi?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Terminals 142mph.I know its such an open ended conversation when were on the net. Im only looking at normaly aspirated on pump gas.I wonder wether the pump gas bit is what ive not considered.Ive worked real hard to get where i am with the bike but then you hear 1216 N/a low 9 and think what am i doing wrong? Maybe that the bit they dont say is the damn thing is 15:1 on race fuel but i dont have anything other than my own experience to go on.Guess thats why im asking the question ,also partly to see whos here and where we end up .cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
analogslug
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing