Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
used to do a bit of racing in formula 600 in uk club racing,had a few good results,had to give up couldnt afford it.got my k6 in march and done 4600 miles on it in the summer and several track days, have now stripped it down to race next season cause i still got the racing bug.mods are as follows.renthal sprockets 520 chain kit,pc3,bmc filter,yoshi trs exhaust,dynod 168.2 rear wheel,k-tech 20 fork kit,ohlins rear shock and damper,same suspension as british national superstock winning k6,do you lot think im mad or should i go for it???????:biggrin

Reactions: Throttlestop

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Of course not. There are tons of people that are taking it completely off the streets and sticking solely to the track. It's more fun, it's less dangerous and there's no speed limits.

Why would it not appeal to anyone?

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
That's not half mad, buddy, going by what many of the other peeps here have done. Give us a shout when you get to insane.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
SPL170db said:
Of course not. There are tons of people that are taking it completely off the streets and sticking solely to the track. It's more fun, it's less dangerous and there's no speed limits.

Why would it not appeal to anyone?
If I had a track an hour from where I live I would give up the streets or at least on a sportbike I would I love to ride maybe I would have an ST 1300 or an FJ1300 for the street

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the replies guys,picked suspension up today so cant wait to get it in....and get on donington,live witin an hour of mallory,donington,cadwell,mallory,silverstone,rockingham,mite give up the road

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
meant 1 x mallory..dohh

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
if you dont do it then you will always say i wish i would've done it.believe me i did that with my dirt bike when i sold it.then went and watched some buddies next thing i know back in the dirt again.so in other words just do it you wont regret it.good luck:punk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.