Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone on here know how or if it's possible to wire the headlights so they come.on with the ignition as I want to remove my switch gear on the throttle side as I've just bought a domino quick action throttle and a domino kill switch/ starter switch but there is no headlight switch on the domino unit. Thanks in advance.

You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
There are differences between the years and models and you haven't indicated what you have. Furthermore the right switch assembly also includes the brake light switch, so you'll also have to deal with it. The E19 model has a lighting switch but the others just have jumpers between the leads that run to the switch so that the lights are always on. There are other differences where the E19 uses two H7 bulbs (single filament) vs two H4 bulbs (dual filament) on other models. But in a quick look, these differences do not seem to be affected by whether or not the lighting switch is present.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
There are differences between the years and models and you haven't indicated what you have. Furthermore the right switch assembly also includes the brake light switch, so you'll also have to deal with it. The E19 model has a lighting switch but the others just have jumpers between the leads that run to the switch so that the lights are always on. There are other differences where the E19 uses two H7 bulbs (single filament) vs two H4 bulbs (dual filament) on other models. But in a quick look, these differences do not seem to be affected by whether or not the lighting switch is present.
Sorry it's a gsxr 1000k1 it is standard headlight 2 h7 bulbs uk spec my brembo corsa corta master has a brake light switch on it

"my brembo corsa corta master has a brake light switch on it"
The issue is that the leads from the wiring harness to the brake light switch run through the right side switch module. So you'll have to rig up leads that run straight from the harness to the brake light switch if you remove the module. E19 has a three position lighting switch that I haven't tracked down all of it's functionality. But it looks like it's possible to remove it and jumper its leads like on E3/E33/E24/E28.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry mate yeah I forgot the brake switch plugs into it. I know my way around it pretty well but have never tried anything like this also I have no idea what E19/E3/E33/E24/E28 is. Mine does have a 3 position switch off side lights and low beam

E3/E33/E19/E24/E28 is US/Calif./E.U./Australia/Canada. E2 is U.K. but I don't see it in the service manual. You need to be familiar with the wiring diagrams in the back of the service manual before trying anything like this and it sounds like you're not even aware of them. This isn't that hard but it will be a never-ending source of problems if done improperly or poorly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts