Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
992 miles on the clock on my way in to work. I will finally break this bad boy in when i go home. i cant wait to wind this think out

kind of a pointless post, but im bored at work

·
Registered
213 Posts
i understand exactly what u mean i only got 120 and im already fighting the urge. i just need to hear her scream with anger as i pass someone.

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
i understand exactly what u mean i only got 120 and im already fighting the urge. i just need to hear her scream with anger as i pass someone.
fuck that.. ride that fucker like you stole it.. break in is BS in my book.. break it in how you want it to perform.. go easy for long life or wind the piss outta it if you want it to run hard.. have a read

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

i belive in this.. one easy way to tell that this worked was with mine anda buddies pocket bike.. he broke his in properly, i ran the piss outta mine stra8 out the box. mine pulled for in the top end. theres no rider error in a pocket bike, no shifting no real need for throttle control. slam and go. i weigh about 20lbs more than him and i would easily pull up top

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Past 100 miles, just change the oil and let 'er rip...

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fuck that.. ride that fucker like you stole it.. break in is BS in my book.. break it in how you want it to perform.. go easy for long life or wind the piss outta it if you want it to run hard.. have a read

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

i belive in this.. one easy way to tell that this worked was with mine anda buddies pocket bike.. he broke his in properly, i ran the piss outta mine stra8 out the box. mine pulled for in the top end. theres no rider error in a pocket bike, no shifting no real need for throttle control. slam and go. i weigh about 20lbs more than him and i would easily pull up top
i actually thought about this when i bought mine, but after thinking about it, i would rather have it last, than it being a track bike. i beleive that this method would work well, but it all depends on what you really want the bike for.

·
Banned
952 Posts
bullshit. i build engines for a living, and we build some very high horsepower stuff machined to very exact tolerances. theres no way we would strap an engine on a dyno and immediately start pounding on it without a proper break-in. theres a lot more to a break-in than just ring seal.

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
bullshit. i build engines for a living, and we build some very high horsepower stuff machined to very exact tolerances. theres no way we would strap an engine on a dyno and immediately start pounding on it without a proper break-in. theres a lot more to a break-in than just ring seal.
well youre talking very high hp engies.. yes the bikes make a ton of hp now, but lots of guys run em in hard and they go like hell and run long to boot. i personally would not go and do top end pulls on a dyno right outta the box, but you best believe im running it hard from the get

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
I'm a believer in a little bit of both I mean I will break it in to a certain point as the manual says but than I also will ride it like I would on a regular basis other than topping it out or going at a real high speed.

I have yet to be able to get the new bike past 3 TOTAL miles cause I didn't have Ins upon getting it and now that i do I have to wait for my tag to be mailed to me but on my TLR from 200 miles I basically rode it how I normally would 1/2 the time and the other 1/2 lfrom the manual.

For this new bike after I hit 100 miles I will change the Oil myself and probably start hitting her a LITTLE hard and after 500 maybe it will be on but shoot I will probably not get to ride that much I have to take my daughter to daycare so no riding during the week and barely on the weekend w/out a sitter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts