Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright this year I will finally be able to get into riding at the ripe young age of 18 (until my bday in the fall) now, I would like to buy the bike in June or so. I will have about 5k to play with. I have been looking at the F3's and I really wonder, because everyone says "don't start on a 6 it's a bad idea" however I ALSO hear the the F3 is a great starter bike because although it's a 6 it is about as tame as a 2k2 500 ninja. Is this so? Is it fairly forgiving? I would like to find a nice 1993+ F3 and slap some frame sliders on there because chances are I will have a spill sometime, everyone does. Yes I will be wearing all the gear, jacket helmet gloves boots pants and taking the MSF course. So what do you think?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
GSX-R 1300 with NAWZ
j/k little man ninja 250 or a 500 will do you good

[ 02-03-2003, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: NOS4U ]

G

·
The hell with gear...sell it and buy a old Hayabusa and put a turbo on it. LoL. I had a dream like that last night...didnt end very pretty. Anyway, Im getting a bike in 2 months and Im 18 also and going through the course and all that. Now, I have been debating on wether to get a '03 Ninja 500R or '03 SV650S. Most probably the SVS because of looks and better driveability on the streets and such. I heard F3 are good beginner bikes but I have never been able to convince myself on buying a used bike, too many rips. Well, sorry for the long (useless) post. Good Luck.

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
just buy Jay Lenos Y2K turbine bike or the Dodge Tomahawk bike

[ 02-03-2003, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: mpdgsxr1000 ]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Although i don't ride (yet) i do have some experience with cbr 600f3 motors. My school uses them in auto cross cars and i race them in scca events. I have to tell you that we beat the shit out of them and they hold up well. I haven't seen a motor fail and we'll spend a whole day racing them with the revs up over 10 grand almost all the time. great motor to beat on, imo.

·
Banned
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright I'll check out F3's then see if I can find one for 4k Canadian

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
go get ya a busa and watch you sum biker boyzzzzzzzz and you'll be straight... true dat true dat! word...

·
Banned
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by angryoriental:
go get ya a busa and watch you sum biker boyzzzzzzzz and you'll be straight... true dat true dat! word...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
no thanks, I'm one of the select few 18 year olds out there who know something about how bikes and cars work lol

·
Banned
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by knee_dragger:
Get the F3
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's the plan right now, just gotta find one for 4K Canadian.

·
Banned
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by gixxer_760:
go for the F3
I beat the hell out of my last Honda, and got over 76 k Miles out of it. Good bike to learn on, but be carefull, there's still alot of power in the F3's
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks I'll check them out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts