Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wacko

Well, I guess Hill is out and Smith is in now...he's officially the starter for the game vs. Indy. Even as a Niner fan, I'm realistic enough to know they wont do well vs. Indy. Hopefully Smith, still only 25yo, can become a halfway decent QB. I'm not asking for the second coming of Montana or Young, just Garcia level would be good enough right now :lol

Psyche of a 49ers fan regarding Smith:

-Yes, Smith, the savior of our franchise :punk
-We might be turning the corner (when Norv Turner was Offensive Coordinator) :punk
-Ummm we're regressing but it's the carousel at coordinator (After Norv left) :hammer
-Alex who? (2007/2008) :dunno
-Hooray for Alex our savior!!!! (present day) :lol :wacko

·
Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance and
5,533 Posts
Smith looked decent in yesterday's game. Hopefully he'll do better than Hill, I guess we'll just have to watch and find out. But I'm with ya on the Indy game, we don't stand a chance. Peyton is just a beast, IMO the best QB in the league right now and one of the best of all time. Yeah, their team is a lot more than just him but he definitely adds a LOT to it.

But hey, Crabtree showed his hands yesterday at least, started to show that he was maybe worth the wait. Had a couple really nice catches. No TD's but 1st downs are still good.

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Smith did well, but Raye looked like he opened up the playbook with Smith at QB. Ran the spread offense basically the entire second half which is what Smith used at Utah. He definitely gives us a better shot at airing it out over Hill, which isn't saying much still. We'll see though, we have bigger probs than QB. The o-line is horrible to say the least.

Crabtree did well. He really snatches the ball out of the air and has good hands thus far. I really want to see him in a few games when he is in better game shape and knows the offense a bit better. Run blocking, stretching the field and route running/cutting off routes for blitzes will be important. I really hated NFL Network and Deion Sanders...during the highlights of the game Deion just kept on saying "Who needs camp" and "Worth the wait". Shut the fuck up already. :hammer

·
Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance and
5,533 Posts
haha I didn't hear Deion say that :lol

We won't know if Crabtree was 'worth the wait' until the end of the season, but that's why I said maybe :biggrin I'm still skeptical though. He surprised the hell out of me, I thought he was going to be a flop. Looks like he might have some hands, there's definitely room for improvement, but he has potential.

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Smith v2.0 isn't doing so terrible, not great either. I'm not totally sold just yet. I think Jimmy Raye needs to change his offense. How about passing to setup the run...doesn't that sound familiar ;) Smith definitely looks very comfortable in the spread offense and in no huddle situations. Some throws were insane. Still holding out hope he can pull us through. This is the easier part of the schedule now and they need to take care of business if we have a shot of the playoffs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts