Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2004 gixxer 750, and i'm now looking for some mods. I did my looking and now I can't deside if i should get the Akrapovic or Yoshimura Carb-fiber exhaust. Do any you guys know which is better or is it just personal choose at this point? Also is it worth getting the full system or should i just get the slip-ons? Thanx for all your help.
Squid

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,130 Posts
Both are top-notch, so it's all about personal preference. If you're just riding street and are doing it for looks and sound, just get the slip-on.

And if you are looking for mods, get frame sliders if you don't already have them. If you want performance, take a couple of track days - they'll give you more performance than any exhaust, filter or power commander

·
Registered
951 Posts
I had a Yoshi bolt on on my 02 750.....made 118hp. Have a Akro full system on my other 02 750 ....it makes 123.5hp.

As far as what brand.....Akro will be lighter...but cost twice as much. Both full systems should make about the same power.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i have a full yoshi exhaust on my bike, the previous owner jacked the muffler up pretty good hollowing it out and drilling extra holes in it for some reason. I just bought a new rs3 slip on though so i will let you know how the yoshi system is when its in new condition instead of ghetto rigged. Ebay is awesome, $175 for a Yoshi rs3 slip on brand new

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a Yoshi bolt on on my 02 750.....made 118hp. Have a Akro full system on my other 02 750 ....it makes 123.5hp.

As far as what brand.....Akro will be lighter...but cost twice as much. Both full systems should make about the same power.
5hp diff could just be the bike. I have seen a Gix1k make 150 and another same year only get 145. Some are better off the factory line. I would go the Yoshi option too.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The yoshimura is much more exspensive here then the akrapovic.

The yoshi is in my opinion only interesting if you do more tuning then a air filter and the exhaust (think about cam's etc) , then the performance of a yoshi system comes in to play and akra leaves the field beat'n

I would go for Akra of even for Muzzy.

And keep in mind that every bike is different as it comes to HP.

·
Registered
951 Posts
The full system is going to make a bit more top end power than a slip-on, that is why you buy headers.

Granted one bike could be a bit stronger, in the case of mine i think the exhaust did have something to do with it.

If you have the money and its not and issue go with Akrap, if you don't go with the Yoshi, both will look and sound great. Neither are really loud, Yoshi will be a bit louder though.......and 1/2 the cost

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Akrapovic, it is lighter better quality and will last longer, will also make slightly more power. The Evo system is made of titanium so it is very light and you can find one for around 1300 dollars, not bad for a top notch full system.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Get the Akrapovic. Fantastic build quality, mega light, and they sound brilliant.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I recently installed the Yosh TRS Race on my bike and its gorgeoussss! It's got a nice low deep gurgle at idle and low revs, then kicks up nice and banshee like when you get up in the higher RPMs. Very content with my purchase! But like everyone else had said....it's all about personal preference!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts