Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I fit the Akrapovic megaphone slip on to the L8 and I don't put a fuel controller or change any mapping will it work ok without causing any damage to the motorcycle. According to STG and Revzilla, it does not and Akrapovic slip ons are designed especially to not require any mapping changes. Is that the case, or is it just information meant to help slip on sales?

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
My advice would be to bring it to your local dyno shop and pay for a few pulls with the sniffer in the exhaust to verify the AFR is safe.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
If I fit the Akrapovic megaphone slip on to the L8 and I don't put a fuel controller or change any mapping will it work ok without causing any damage to the motorcycle. According to STG and Revzilla, it does not and Akrapovic slip ons are designed especially to not require any mapping changes. Is that the case, or is it just information meant to help slip on sales?

With the L7 and later the slip-on is just a noisemaker because the catalyzer and SET valves are all left in place. It only minority changes the exhaust flow so its not going to make much of a difference if you don't adjust the fueling and reflash the ECU

In stock trim the L7 and later are ECU restricted and come with fueling on the lean side, so there's alot of performance that's restricted from the get-go. An Akrvpovic slip-on will certainly look much nicer than stock, but its not going to alter performance much or do any damage to the engine if you do adjust the mapping or ECU.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Any slipon that leaves the CAT in place does NOT result in a need for fuel adjustment. Any exhaust mod that removes the cat, fuel adjustment is RECOMMENDED. People will decry not remapping in that case because of "muh valves will overheat," but it's false on modern engines. Your power curve will look like a bag of smashed assholes, though.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Uggggh! I thought I read K8 not L8
Senility is creeping in :smash

OP,follow the advice of the non-senile members above :crying

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Uggggh! I thought I read K8 not L8
Senility is creeping in :hammer

OP,follow the advice of the non-senile members above :crying

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
:lol :thumbup You'll be here in October you said? Perfect camping season with the pretty fall foliage :crazy

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much. I fitted it last night, and it sounds and looks great and weighs next to nothing. I really appreciate your input, because is backs up what the various vendors told me. Thanks for your knowledgeable response. Let me see if I can figure out how to put a photo on.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Why did people used to talk badly about this forum. It seems pretty darn good to me.
They're all the former members that have been banned from here and are still butt-hurt about it ...90% are on gsxr.com ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
5 Participants
8you4t
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing