Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone! i found a web site in england that sells akrapovic full exhausts for 89-92 1100's. the place is www.apexleisure.co.uk/ look under spares and tuning parts. i wonder if a akra pipe is better than my hindle?

here is a pic of a 91' 1100 with a akrapovic pipe-

cool huh!

[ 05-09-2002, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: cide ]

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
If you look at that site, you'll see that the system they are selling is 4-1 rather than 4-2-1 ...I know everyone has different needs and opinions about it, but the whole reason I wanted the Hindle (besides the weight savings) was the 4-2-1 design.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you make the switch I will buy that Hindle from you. I am running an old repaired D&D and although it is now fixed I would rather the hindle. I used to have a Yoshimura Duplex on my 1990 1100. I wish I could find one now. I even called Yoshimura direct to see if they could put one together out of spare parts.. No go..

I did find a brand new never been opened pair of Yoshimure Carbon slip ons for the 89-92 bikes. They shop is selling them for a song.. To bad I dont like dual cans and I dont have the stock exhaust.

CT

Originally posted by cide:
hey everyone! i found a web site in england that sells akrapovic full exhausts for 89-92 1100's. the place is www.apexleisure.co.uk/ look under spares and tuning parts. i wonder if a akra pipe is better than my hindle?

here is a pic of a 91' 1100 with a akrapovic pipe-

cool huh!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had a yoshimura duplex 4-1 on my 89 1100. i liked it a lot but they do not make them anymore (as we all know).
i think (not for sure) the difference between a 4-1 and a 4-2-1 is that a 4-2-1 has more midrange. i believe the 4-1 is more for top end. i love my hindle though. i just know a few people who have akrapovic pipes and the fit, finish, and performance is very good. i was very surprised to see that akrapovic made a pipe for an oil cooler!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have got the Akrapovic fulll system. I am very pleased with the finsish, fit and sound of the exhaust.
The exhaust is not too loud although its a race one.
You can take a look at www.akrapovic.de , there you can see the power output of this system.

Greetz
Lemmy69

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lemmy69, thanks for the info! i have always wanted a akrapovic pipe but could not ever find one. the problem is, i just bought my hindle and the pipe is completely awesome! maybe in the future though i will be able to have both pipes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts