Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i used to have a 06 gsxr-1000 but it was totaled, however, i still have my akrapovic full evolution racing exhaust for it. i am about to buy a nice 04 gixxer 1000 and im curious if the exhaust for my 06 will fit on it. any insight?

·
Registered
289 Posts
i used to have a 06 gsxr-1000 but it was totaled, however, i still have my akrapovic full evolution racing exhaust for it. i am about to buy a nice 04 gixxer 1000 and im curious if the exhaust for my 06 will fit on it. any insight?
The 03' and the '04 are the same. The '05 and the '06 are the same.

However to answer your question, the '06 is not the same as the '04. (I'm pretty sure but don't quote me on it.)

If you really wanted to keep the full system, I think you may have to alter the header and mid pipe to clear the oil pan (I think). Wait for some professional advice from others.

·
Dont take ANY of my advice, EVER, when it comes to
1,493 Posts
I would try it, let us know if it fits. Some companies sell the same system for 01-06 and some for 03-06. It might be minor, like the position of a bracket or something

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
8you4t
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing