Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

The very first minute of this video is the guy I bought the bike from explaining that there's no available DB killer for this exhaust and that a normal slip-on can't be fitted because the exhaust tapers-out small to large in this limited edition exhaust. Hence: technical differences from the standard exhaust.

And to quote someone whose opinion I trust and believe:

I prefer stock condition when buying used,but this bike has BST's,the rare as hen's teeth,impossible-to-find-anywhere Akra full Ti Evo 2

·
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'll raise that to far hunderd

I'm astonished at how much I suck now. I started tearing it down on the weekend.I spent the better part of a day trial & error swapping the shock. I apparently didn't know a method to swap the exhaust without turning it into 3X the job (remove rad & oil cooler). I forgot how to change a rear wheel apparently because I fucked around for a good 1/2 hour trying to mount that bitch without the spacer falling-off on the sprocket side and keeping the caliper in position.

And believe it or not, I have yet to figure out how to remove the quickshifter rod so I can complete assembly of the old left footpeg / shifter mechanism. I also gave-up just now on setting up the right footpeg with the master cylinder / brake light switch. Tomorrow, with no beers. At least I have no 'extra' nuts & bolts laying on the floor.

Can't start motor until I top off coolant and oil lost in installing exhaust. Oh and my clutch plates are stuck after sitting so long. I did manage to get in in neutral so I can push it around.

So after more hours than I care to admit, I have a roller with no complete footpeg assemblies :facepalm

EDIT: in my defense, the simple task of unbolting the aftermarket parts took much longer than it should have because the original owner had everything torqued-down to around 800 ft-lbs and bathed everything in loctite. I had to buy an impact gun and even then, it took literally 30ish seconds to get the shock bolts to start moving.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
:thumbup

·
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I can't believe how fast this shit goes, especially at the end of the season!

Since Saturday, the ohlins rear, rearsets, galfers and the exhaust. And if I can manage to get the stupid damper off, @justnick wants it.

·
Super Moderator
15,023 Posts
I can't believe how fast this shit goes, especially at the end of the season!
It's all quality shit.

Kicking myself now for not buying those rotors. I know they were in good shape and my right rotor is warped slightly from an episode with my disk lock.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

·
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
You snooze, you lose. :phhht

Damper's gone now and someone is supposed to show-up and remove the PCIII themselves - tbd

I'm running out of shit to sell!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts