Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After sending emails emails emails in last 3 weeks, Akrapovic send me an answer... Sorry, 3 answer from different guys...
1 - " Regarding to your wish to get more informations about EVO2 muffler. Below you can find the informations you need. The muffler is shorter (350mm), louder and made for tracks. Also the information about bracket is right – our bracket is mandatory."
2 - " There are no photos and no charts because of our policy. The muffler is shorter and the power curve is slightly better on the top."
3 - "I have been looking for the photos, but I did not find them. Attached you will find a photo of ZX-10R evo2. Imagine it on your bike."

Any way, you do your comments. But I will not struggle anymore, I satisfied with the info now. The muffler is 350 mm. From the picture on the ZX10R, I wee that the design is classical, not like Yoshimura's TRC cone end cap or etc. But Akrapovic is the best and I will tell the comments when putting EVo 2 on my k5.

Here i sthe picture: ( on a ZX 10R with titanium outer sleeve )

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for the hard work!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all.
RamAirLT1 , I sent you a PM about this topic.
And another thing, if you will modify your bike ( but not a modification such as putting air filter, it is like changing ECU, putting cam sprockets etc ) , Akrapovic makes huge differences with Evolution systems.
For EVO 2, I think this would be better.
Just wait and see :)

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
What's the big deal guys?

The Evo 2 parts list can be found on Akrapovics website all you have to do is call your local distributer and order it with the part numbers. I've posted them up in the past.

Shame you had to stick that ugly ZX10R in our face.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Great pipe, but I ride my girl and want to keep the rear footpegs.. from What I understand you cant with the EVO 2..

·
Registered
42 Posts
It is my understanding from Parts411.com that the evo 2 won't be available until June 1
I got mine about 3 weeks ago....... sorry I cant have any photos... but my bike is waiting for repair because of dude that hit me....

Anyway.... I am hoping in about 2 weeks to have it installed.
Its really, REALLY light the complete system.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's the big deal guys?

The Evo 2 parts list can be found on Akrapovics website all you have to do is call your local distributer and order it with the part numbers. I've posted them up in the past.

Shame you had to stick that ugly ZX10R in our face.
Everyone knows the part number and EVO 2 has shorter muffler but is there any other info on the Akra web site? NON... I tried hard to get the info... The muffler dimensions and the dyno paper... ( that there is no in the web site )
My other question was for putting EVo 2 on the bike, any modifications to the body necessary? ( since in several places on the web, it is written that EVO 2 system may require some modification on the body of the bike since it is designed only for track bikes. )
...So these infos were not available on the web site and I tried to get answer to these questions.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Everyone knows the part number and EVO 2 has shorter muffler but is there any other info on the Akra web site? NON... I tried hard to get the info... The muffler dimensions and the dyno paper... (that there is no in the web site)

My other question was for putting EVo 2 on the bike, any modifications to the body necessary? (since in several places on the web, it is written that EVO 2 system may require some modification on the body of the bike since it is designed only for track bikes.)

...So these infos were not available on the web site and I tried to get answer to these questions.
True, true... Limited info on the Evo 2. The dyno test they have posted is for the Racing System and Evo 1. The difference between them and the Evo 2 is maybe only a few horsepower and a louder noise level. The Evo 1 and 2 are titanium and the Racing is stainless steel. They all share the same pipe dimensions and configuration.

Akrapovic Racing & Evolution Exhaust Systems

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not sure about the K5, but on my 10R there were no body mods needed. The system is beautiful and sounds awesome. There is no hp difference between the Racing, EVO 1, and EVO 2. The Racing line is stainless w/ a normal length canister, the EVO 1 is ti w/ a normal length canister, and the EVO 2 is ti w/ a short canister.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yea I talked to Kris at indysuperbikes and my evo II ti/can for my k5 is being shipped today so by mid week I should have it in my hands finally. I just can not decide if I do want to go witht he bmc race filter yet or just stay stock?

·
Registered
10 Posts
how much is this system running? I was going to go for the Yoshi TRC but im really liking the looks of this pipe and with the quality of akra, i may go with it.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
how much is this system running? I was going to go for the Yoshi TRC but im really liking the looks of this pipe and with the quality of akra, i may go with it.
I think the Evo systems retail near or over $2,000 (US). Not cheap but they are nice systems that make good power gains.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Yea I talked to Kris at indysuperbikes and my evo II ti/can for my k5 is being shipped today so by mid week I should have it in my hands finally. I just can not decide if I do want to go witht he bmc race filter yet or just stay stock?
If you ride in dusty areas keep the stock or get the BMC street version. The race version definitely allows more dirt thru so take that seriously because it will damage the engine. K&N is another option.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts