Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I ma going to buy this pre-owned Akra slip on for my GSXR 1000 2018:
Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Bicycle tire

sadly were I live is hard to find parts for my bike and if I want to ship a new one it will cost me a kidney due to customs and shipping g cost.

how can I verify if its original and its a perfect fit for my bike?

· Premium Member
1,498 Posts
It looks decent but make sure to verify that its real. Im not too familiar with Akra but that clamp looks suspect since it is over the label which looks like a sticker. I don’t think Akra would make a clamp that covers the label. But like I said , Im not too familiar, just taking a guess.

· Premium Member
8,056 Posts
agreed, generally the clamp does not cover the emblem if its motorcycle specific, is this off a different year or model?

or maybe its that the clamp needs to be moved down more? maybe it swivels forward then its off the emblem? lessen both mount points and see if it will move down to clear the emblem..

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Motorcycle

Thank you guys..I bought it and installed it, there was a serial number and model number on it I checked it its original.
the next step is installing the Swingarm Extension Kit... but am kinda short on cash I cant afford new chain the mechanic told me he will extend my current chain but am not sure how safe is this move :)

· Premium Member
1,498 Posts
View attachment 585257

Thank you guys..I bought it and installed it, there was a serial number and model number on it I checked it its original.
the next step is installing the Swingarm Extension Kit... but am kinda short on cash I cant afford new chain the mechanic told me he will extend my current chain but am not sure how safe is this move :)
What is that seat? It loos like carbon fiber with no pad?

· Registered
2017 Gsxr 1000R
92 Posts
I wouldn’t extend that chain if I were you.
You’ll create two weak points, instead of just having one.
I’m guessing you’re going drag racing, if you’re extending the swing arm.
That’s pretty hard on chains, the last thing you want is that chain to come off at speed.
Save your money and buy the chain you need.

View attachment 585257

1 - 11 of 11 Posts