Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an Akra shorty slip-on(off a demo bike) to replace the Two Bros currently on my bike. Akra should arrive this monday.

Oddly, for all the work I've done on the bike over the last couple months...I've never really looked at the exhaust system.

Looks like the prev owner did the set valve "mod"...and since the bike runs great(no FI lights)...I'm guessing that it was done correctly.

Sorry for the bad pics....but does my exhaust look like it's "oem"? If so...Is the akra going to simply bolt up to the exhaust I have...or am I going to have to do some modding to install it?

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Am I right to assume that I'm going to need to do the "marble mod" to prevent backfiring/popping?

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,922 Posts
Am I right to assume that I'm going to need to do the "marble mod" to prevent backfiring/popping?
And if you want to tune it, yes

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And if you want to tune it, yes
Is it something about the Akra that causes the backfiring issue? Cause I get zero popping with the Two Bros that's currently on the bike.

Since the set valve mod was done...I wonder if the pair mod was already done by the prev owner.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed the Akra. Yup...bolted right on. Sounds amazing. Some popping when chopping the throttle....so def going to block off Pair hose with a marble.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts