Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Akra is going to come out with a can like the EVO 2 but as a slip on. I don't need a full system, but I like the can on the EVO 2. I have an AKRA bolt-on on my 01 and love it. I've always gotten compliments on how that pipe sounds. Not too loud, not too quiet. Just a nice strong crackling sound. I want that on my 05 but don't need a full system. If AKRA is not going to come out with a slip-on version of the EVO 2, then I will go after the Yosh TRC CF when they come out.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
yeah go ahead with the Yoshi..cause akra makes the short can full system only for race purposes. they might in the near future but i doubt it. i heard rumors about other brands making short cans slip on but not see one yet except racefit exhaust made in UK

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah go ahead with the Yoshi..cause akra makes the short can full system only for race purposes. they might in the near future but i doubt it. i heard rumors about other brands making short cans slip on but not see one yet except racefit exhaust made in UK
The racefit looks sweet, but I think that it would probably be too loud. It would be cool when I do trackdays but I don't know about on the street.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just get the long Akco can, take 4-5 inches out and you have an Evo clone [image]http://images.snapfish.com/343%3A445523232%7Ffp45%3Dot>232%3B%3D5%3B8%3D48%3B%3DXROQDF>232388279%3B84%3Bot1lsi[/image]
That looks pretty sharp. Can you give me some more pics of it? Rear shot, and maybe a side shot of the whole bike. Nice job.

Since I am not familiar with cutting cans, what's involved and how hard is it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed a Akrapovic silencer on my GSXR 1000. What is the servo motor rotation limiter that comes in the kit? Where does it go? If it is not installed will it cause the red # 13 light to light up? It says it is a fuel injector light.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I just installed a Akrapovic silencer on my GSXR 1000. What is the servo motor rotation limiter that comes in the kit? Where does it go? If it is not installed will it cause the red # 13 light to light up? It says it is a fuel injector light.
it is a little bracket that bolts in place of the wheel that holds the cable to teh set valce in teh exhaust. look at your stock exhaust and folow the cable up teh right side of the bike. the wheel thatholds then on at the top is where the bracket bolts on. real easy install and takes about 5 mins total.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey vetracer here is what I did justhad ithappen the other day with they full system going on the little bracket worked when i brought the bike home from the dealer because I did not have time to put the system on myself rightnow anyway, but the thing worked ok then I put a new map in my PcIII usb and the light came on. That plate might work or not so far it has worked for a fewand not for others but if you do to jeff w's website the info is right there so you can disconnect the wire it tells you and the light will go away. Here is a link to the webstie and if it does not it jsdproducts.com and is in the download section on how to disable the set avalve. http://www.jsdproducts.com/Downloads/downloads.html

·
Registered
242 Posts
How did you get ,that bracket,mine came with carbon,i have the full ti evo2,id post pics,but not sure how
the bracket came with mine. i almost thrashed it because there were no instructions and it was in a little seperate bag inteh box. look on teh akra web site at schematic and you will see that it comes with the exhaust

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did akrapovic give you the carbon fiber bracket or did you pay it in separate???
Is that the carbon fiber bracket from akrapovic in the photos???

·
Registered
200 Posts
The carbon fiber bracket comes with the EVO II but is an option in the EVO and race system. Hope that answers your question.

·
Registered
42 Posts
ARRRGGGGGG
Well.... in my case it wasnt there!!!!
I will have to kill the national importer!!!!!!
They wanted to charge me for the carbon fiber bracket

·
Registered
200 Posts
The bracket comes with the Evo II but I kept the rear peg so that I can still take my girlfriend with me sometimes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts