Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Akrapovic has just officially put their pipes on the market.
Rather conventional looking, but the quality stands out like usually

Akrapovic website

·
Registered
412 Posts
Too long--Doesn't fit the bike. That size can looks good on my big old dinosaur......

·
Registered
565 Posts
i think that this bike needs a smaller exhaust but so does everyone else so i guess it looks pretty plain and they should have at least made it a high mount

·
Registered
226 Posts
Looks outdated

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Indeed, this bike needs and angular looking pipe I think, like the TRS/TRC/Stock can.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Akrapovic have bombed-out here, this is AWFUL. It's so, dare I say, retro style? We demand new style exhausts for this year, not the same old big-ass bazooka! They needed a shorty, and a different shape perhaps. Jeez.. Though of course if it makes monster performance benefits on the dyno, then we can all shut up, but it's still boring really.

I used to be a big Akrapovic fan, but not anymore, they've lost it.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I was at a gas station the other day, a couple guys were like, "nice exhaust". I told them it was stock and they couldn't believe it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Akra missed the boat...The days of same-old-same-old exhaust pipes is not gonna fly if they want people to pony up over a $Grand, especially when you look at the options other companies are putting out, like the new Yosh.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts