Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2018 Gsxr 1000 R.
I have the Driven block off plates, Sprint P08 Filter & Akra full titanium exhaust.
I'm ordering the woolich software this week so I can finally install all my goodies to get better performance.
I've been looking for information to find out if any type of mod can be made to the ram air tubes or airbox?
I've heard about wrapping the airbox with gold tape.
Is there anything internally to the airbox besides velocity stacks that should/can be done?
should I also wrap the ram air tubes?
The pair valve's and servo will be removed and eliminated with the flash.
I also read the reed's need to be removed with doing the block off plates, can someone confirm this on the 2018 also?

Any additional information i'm overlooking/missing will be greatly accepted!!

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,911 Posts
You can wrap the tubes, but it'll be all looks and zero performance. There's nothing you will be able to do to them that will do anything for performance.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I recently purchased a 2018 Gsxr 1000 R.
I have the Driven block off plates, Sprint P08 Filter & Akra full titanium exhaust.
I'm ordering the woolich software this week so I can finally install all my goodies to get better performance.
I've been looking for information to find out if any type of mod can be made to the ram air tubes or airbox?
I've heard about wrapping the airbox with gold tape.
Is there anything internally to the airbox besides velocity stacks that should/can be done?
should I also wrap the ram air tubes?
The pair valve's and servo will be removed and eliminated with the flash.
I also read the reed's need to be removed with doing the block off plates, can someone confirm this on the 2018 also?

Any additional information i'm overlooking/missing will be greatly accepted!!
Wrapping the air box in gold reflecting tape helps keep it “cooler” than normal no doubt. I wouldn’t worry about the air tubes. Also doesn’t matter. Leave them in to help seal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts