Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to do the airbox mod on my 98 600, but from what I have read there is some re-jetting to be done afterward. This I can handle, I have a stage 1 kit from K&N to rejet with. I would like to know what settings any of you have come up with to get the most from the mods. I have a K&N filter, a bolt on Yosh RS-3, and stock gearing if any that makes a difference.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Ive been told by a few mechanics [Suzuki and general] that fiddling with the SRAD's airbox is a nono.

I was tempted to do some kind of airbox mod when i got the bike dyno-tuned. But from the above and what ppl have said in this forum, it's not worth doing [no sig. gain, new flat spots
]

Ive got jets, pipe and K&N.

KaTz

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I did the airbox mod on my 750, I also added a uni foam filter. When I first did it with no rejetting it ran like crap. I called around several tech places and no one could give me an exact jet size blah, blah, blah... So I figured I would drill out the jets and see if it helped and if not, no big deal because I had to buy a jet kit anyway!

I drilled them out with a 1/16th drill bit and Holy Crap!!
It runs so damn good its funny! I have tons more mid range power and it really revs quick!

My mods are: Full Yosh RS-3 system, 1 down in front, uni-filter and air box mod (like K & N) and drilled jets.

[ 10-02-2002, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: outcold ]

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
i would not recomend doing the airbox mod on the carbed gsxr's!! what a bitch and for 1/2 hp gain after you get it dynoed isnt worth it!

·
Registered
17,982 Posts
bump because i am in the same boat, hey jeff hook us up please

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I admit that I got very lucky, but I also gained more than a half hp in my mid......... more like 3 -4hp. At 6 grand the motor screams and starts pullin the front wheel, wasn't close to that before

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
A 600 has smaller carbs than 750 why don't you try and put the 750 carbs on your bike see what your results.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I will just skip the airbox mod and just rejet the carbs, don't want to risk it, the gixxer is my only ride at the moment. BTW anyone know the rear axle nut size on the 98 600???

·
Registered
17,982 Posts
Originally posted by audi1031:
A 600 has smaller carbs than 750 why don't you try and put the 750 carbs on your bike see what your results.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">is it possible to do that? doesnt yosh make them?

·
Registered
17,982 Posts
bump

1 - 11 of 11 Posts