Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I do the airbox mod for a street only bike?
Will I need to remap?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Originally posted by gixxerwanabe:
Should I do the airbox mod for a street only bike?
Will I need to remap?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">what year is your bike? cause if its a carb GSXR600-750 dont do it cause you will have one hel of a time getting the jetting done right. if your is a 98 750 FI then it wont harm anything. I did it to mine with good reults and i didnt have to remap my PCII

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
if your going to do it get a k&n and remap it

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
If the bike is running good now... and you dont make any other change then the airbox mod, you should not need the re-map... but if you change more then just that (like a filter) then you might want to remap it a bit.

John

·
Registered
168 Posts
its a good and easy mod. I did it on my 98 750 and it pulls a little better to me at higher speeds, just dont cut to far back in the air box.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
best to get another airbox to cut up here are some pictures also

oh i have not installed airtech box i am carbbed and gonna be very hard to get it tuned.

[ 08-05-2002, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: audi1031 ]

·
Registered
645 Posts
always know this. With more air...usually needs more fuel. As for the airtech airbox, you'll probably want to run a stage 2 or stage 3 jet at the very least if you're carbed.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
your TPS should take care of that as throttle open and your gonna need more than just a couple jets I will make your low end run like crap reguardless but top end go real well. what its main purpose

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
I didn't cut out quite as much as audi, mine screams up top I love it. down low she stumbles on low throttle, but it still was worth it. she sounds throaty...

man look at that frame..... looks odd without the bling

1 - 13 of 13 Posts