Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...got an 04' K1 and am doing extensive modifications to it. Anyways, I've been researching different air shifters and wanted to know what opinions or experience any of you fella's have regarding which brand to use. Any comments are welcome. The shifter will be used for mainly drag racing and an occasional track day. Any takers?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Ill just add this.....
basically you have a choice.....
a bottle you fill a lot......
or a bottle you fill after a million shifts.....
I think the million shift kits are more expensive....and a bit "newer"....
difference is low pressure vs high pressure (and air vs CO2 I think)
If price is an issue get the cheaper....
if I had it all to do again with no financial constraints....
as long as I could be convinced they are reliable...Id' go high pressure million shift.....
look at these places

dragbike.com (GREAT resource for just about everything dragbike) find many makers

http://www.schnitzracing.com/

http://www.mpsmall.com/mre/

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Don't forget the electric-shifter that Dale Walker sells - I've never used one, but it looks pretty slick.

Lurker:
I bought one of the electric-over-air kits through schnitz that did not include a bottle, and I just used paintball-stuff to set it up to work with CO2. I had some problems with the "learning-curve" when I first set it up because the liquid CO2 will freeze up the regulator - but I'm lovin' it now. It's easy to convert a plain air system to the HP air or CO2 using parts from the paintball-world. I spent about $100-$150 on my "conversion" (not including the initial cost of the electric-over-air kit).

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
well there ya go!

Bike I just got has an onboard compressor.........still kind of a hassle though....
but right now if it aint broke I'm not fixiing it......too many others things to spend even $100 on...
one street bike one project bike and one drag bike trying to sell.....
BUT.....when the compressor goes...........then I'll prolly go high pressure......

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys,
Thanks for all your replys...I think I am going to spend the 300 bucks and go with MPS Electric over Air Shifter. It has everything I need in oni kit. The only thing that really sucks is that the kit doesn't include nor do they offer and bracketry for mounting the bottle or the actual shifter. I am no stranger to custom fabrication having owned my own business fabricating hydraulic systems and 3-4 link suspensions but for once I didn't wanna have to do that. Especially on a new bike. If anybody know who sells stuff like that please let me know. Muzzys has some pretty wicked bracketry for their shit but I called and they wont just sell certain pieces...go figure.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
I make a nice bracket to mount the cylinder..comes with the tab you weld onto the shift rod and mounting bolt,spring(cheap!!)..heres a pic of it>

Let Me know if your interested [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts