Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My K3 has just over 8ooo miles and I was thinking of changing the air filter at the service.

Is there any point in using a K&N or any other aftermarket filter,or just go with the suzook standard.

The bike is stock aside from a slipon race can

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
At 8000 miles the filter should not require changing. About the only thing an aftermarket filter will do is lighten your wallet, its tuff to beat the OEM filter.. save yer $$ for track days..

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
At 8000 miles the filter should not require changing. About the only thing an aftermarket filter will do is lighten your wallet, its tuff to beat the OEM filter.. save yer $$ for track days..
How can you say that the filter doesn't need changing at 8000 miles?????????

For how long do you run the filter before replacing?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I take it,comeback you think it should be changed aready...dunno really. It's not as dusty or warm here in Ireland,maybe it will do a while?

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I take it,comeback you think it should be changed aready...dunno really. It's not as dusty or warm here in Ireland,maybe it will do a while?
The aftermarket filter manuals say that the filter performs better when "dirty".
I don't know about the OEM, but 8000 miles sounds to me like it is time for change

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
How can you say that the filter doesn't need changing at 8000 miles?????????

For how long do you run the filter before replacing?
-----------------------------------------
Usually about 60000 miles if its an oiled foam, K-N types I git about 200000 miles from them.. My old ZG is on its second filter and its got 300000+ miles on it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
+1 OEM filter is very good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts