Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the f%#& is there going to be an air filter available for the K5??? BMC or K&N -- doesn't matter. I think I've seen that a few of you across the pond from us have them? Is that true?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Don't bother. Stick with the OEM Suzuki, the BMC or K&N will do nothing but flow more dirt into your engine and maybe give you .5 HP increase. Is it worth it to you?

·
Registered
334 Posts
There's been alot of testing that acually shows a loss of horsepower with an aftermarket filter. I'm sticking w/ the OEM Filter on my 05' 1000

·
Registered
40 Posts
i just ordered my bmc race filter from fuel moto along with my pcIII he mapped it for me before he shipped it.

·
Registered
776 Posts
There's been alot of testing that acually shows a loss of horsepower with an aftermarket filter. I'm sticking w/ the OEM Filter on my 05' 1000
Where can i find these tests? I would like to read up on them.

thanks

·
Registered
776 Posts
Why do you need one? You live in a dusty climate? K&N will drop hp, as will BMC std.
have you done any dyno runs yet to show this?
Well yes I have..... done the dyno runs myself. I'll see if I can find the time to post them.
thanks, that will help. did you map the stock filter? did you do a run with the bmc with the stock mapping? did you map the bike after the bmc filter. I guess im just looking for all variables that played a part.

thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just ordered the BMC race filter with the PC3 and a map for both the filter and my Arrow Ti... that should give a few more HP...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts