Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help I want to buy 2007 gsxr for 3000$ in Cali but owner states that it’s running hot because of an air bubble in radiator should I buy or run , what can I do to test it’s just that or something else

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Start your discussion in the correct thread ie. GSXR 1000 07-08. This is a good question I would like to see answers.
Also, Google Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 running hot, will lead you to Gixxer threads.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
lol, squeeze the hoses with cap off, then fill reservoir and let cool till it stops sucking coolant out of reservoir, it's a self leveling system.. just keep an eye on reservoir, let fan come on, shut off and allow to completely cool.. fill reservoir as needed.. once its full either add or remove coolant in the reservoir so its on the cold line, otherwise it will spit any extra out when its at temp or not have enough to draw form when at full temp... self leveling... sucks it back onto the radiator to perfect level as it cools..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, squeeze the hoses with cap off, then fill reservoir and let cool till it stops sucking coolant out of reservoir, it's a self leveling system.. just keep an eye on reservoir, let fan come on, shut off and allow to completely cool.. fill reservoir as needed.. once its full either add or remove coolant in the reservoir so its on the cold line, otherwise it will spit any extra out when its at temp or not have enough to draw form when at full temp... self leveling... sucks it back onto the radiator to perfect level as it cools..
Thank u for the awesome advice 👌🤙🏽 .. is there any noise or anything else I should look for that will be a deal breaker when inspection of the bike?

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
Thank u for the awesome advice 👌🤙🏽 .. is there any noise or anything else I should look for that will be a deal breaker when inspection of the bike?

rod noise or anything bottom end related, motors are so easy to get and replace anymore..

I'd look at straightness right off, check air pressure then it should turn in and up like a dream, no arguments or kinks what not, they steer so good, same for braking, no clunking and braking should be good and straight line... check fluids for cleanliness, lest what you can see, brake fluid and motor oil, coolant reservoir if you can sneak a peek, remove radiator cap look for anything on underside of cap, oil so forth.. same for motor oil cap, on the underside look for droplets of coolant or foam whatever..

check under the undertail, above rear tire for rubber chunks, (burnouts) top of front fender or under the nose for dents, can tell you if its been dropped hard doing wheelies when fender bangs under the nose cowl.. look for any signs it may have gone down, I know that's difficult cuz the body hides so much, but any bolt sheared off or ground off, lever ends, bar ends, mirrors, and of course frame swingarm and so forth, should be no scratches or rash..

it should roll easy enough in neutral, straight..

if you're serious and it's a lot of money consider taking it to a shop for inspection, always match the Vin from the registration and the title, all 3 need to match up.. running the Vin# that can tell you a lot about a bikes history, owners, wrecks, claims, mileage, so forth..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rod noise or anything bottom end related, motors are so easy to get and replace anymore..

I'd look at straightness right off, check air pressure then it should turn in and up like a dream, no arguments or kinks what not, they steer so good, same for braking, no clunking and braking should be good and straight line... check fluids for cleanliness, lest what you can see, brake fluid and motor oil, coolant reservoir if you can sneak a peek, remove radiator cap look for anything on underside of cap, oil so forth.. same for motor oil cap, on the underside look for droplets of coolant or foam whatever..

check under the undertail, above rear tire for rubber chunks, (burnouts) top of front fender or under the nose for dents, can tell you if its been dropped hard doing wheelies when fender bangs under the nose cowl.. look for any signs it may have gone down, I know that's difficult cuz the body hides so much, but any bolt sheared off or ground off, lever ends, bar ends, mirrors, and of course frame swingarm and so forth, should be no scratches or rash..

it should roll easy enough in neutral, straight..

if you're serious and it's a lot of money consider taking it to a shop for inspection, always match the Vin from the registration and the title, all 3 need to match up.. running the Vin# that can tell you a lot about a bikes history, owners, wrecks, claims, mileage, so forth..
Jesus this is amazing!!!👌🤙🏽 , thank you

·
Registered
498 Posts
Is this you in this Avatar pic? LOL

Let me guess, it was hot out? LOL

I'm not even going to begin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this you in this Avatar pic? LOL

Let me guess, it was hot out? LOL

I'm not even going to begin.
Lmaoo yeah that’s me and it was hot!!!! In the hundreds , still no excuse for not riding in proper gear I will never do that again that pic was like a week into my first bike lmaoo after my accident never again!!!!

·
Administrator
13,875 Posts
For the record ... this site will always push for people to gear up.

If you want to run the risk of riding without it that’s your choice of course , just don’t be surprised if folks make mention of it here.

As a biking community we look out for each other ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts