Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyhow today was like 75 degrees in NYC. Went to church this morning with my riding buddies got soem good parking in front etc.

Anyhow, the ride there was fun, on the LIE I was feeling more confident and was taking the turns better. The view of manhattan from the Kosciusko bridge was nice.

Anyhow, to make a long story short, The bike turned a lot of heads and fluffed up my ego a whole lot.

Two girls from church came up to me introduced themselves and asked for a picture of me and the bike, then too pictures with the bike alone.

It was nuts...

The bikes seem to drive the girls wild since I managed to pose for a few pics with the bike as they snapped away withy their digi-cams and camera phones.

Anyhow on the way back to queens we stopped by astoria park. It was awesome....a lot of people were out cruising the strip by the water, there were a lot of bikers out along with people cruising the strip in the cars.

I managed to see a nice Yellow viper, STi, Turbo'd 03-04 Mustang Cobra and a few modded hondas...

Ohh well all in all it was a fun packed day....

BTW my chicken strips are slowly disappearing....

·
Registered
684 Posts
Re: Ahh! beautiful riding day in NYC, felt like a celebrity!

You Yellow SLUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You better confess to getting a boner...hahaha

Good for you man, take it easy and who gives a shit about chicken strips. Ya wanna get rid of them fast? Dont lean off the bike, just make the bike lean, like the rest of the n00bs out there, I swear, I ride with groups of guys, and I hang off the bike like I'm gonna fall off, so my bike doesnt have to lean over as far, and these other guys in front of me dont lean off at all and they have no chicken strips. Why? Cause the bike has to do all the work why they sit thier lame ass on the seat.

·
Registered
815 Posts

Congrads! My moms said she finally got ride in her car with the windows rolled down

The LIE - WOW, must have been a good ride, especially on a Sunday with no traffic

Be safe and keep your chicken strips for as long as you can. You can never be too safe.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I managed to see a nice Yellow viper, STi, Turbo'd 03-04 Mustang Cobra and a few modded hondas...
isn't it great knowing that you could SMOKE these mofo's??

anyways, good for you!! 75 over here in seattle is only a few weeks away....

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Congrads! My moms said she finally got ride in her car with the windows rolled down

The LIE - WOW, must have been a good ride, especially on a Sunday with no traffic

Be safe and keep your chicken strips for as long as you can. You can never be too safe.

actually no, there was traffic all over the place. It was also dangerous. my buddies and I had to deal with friggin NYC buses, yellow cabs, etc making stupid moves.

On the LIE there was too much traffic...

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

Anyhow, the ride there was fun, on the LIE I was feeling more confident and was taking the turns better. The view of manhattan from the Kosciusko bridge was nice.
haha......the l.i.e. is famous for those twisties...... just messin with you, but thats one thing i dont miss when im down here in WV for school. I woulda thought the old Kosciusko bridge would have collapsed by now. Anyway good times, and watch out for the soccer moms

·
Registered
505 Posts

You Yellow SLUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You better confess to getting a boner...hahaha

Good for you man, take it easy and who gives a shit about chicken strips. Ya wanna get rid of them fast? Dont lean off the bike, just make the bike lean, like the rest of the n00bs out there, I swear, I ride with groups of guys, and I hang off the bike like I'm gonna fall off, so my bike doesnt have to lean over as far, and these other guys in front of me dont lean off at all and they have no chicken strips. Why? Cause the bike has to do all the work why they sit thier lame ass on the seat.
What are chicken strips?

·
Registered
684 Posts

Chicken Strips are the strips of coating still left on the tires edges from the bike not leaning over far enough to wear it off.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

Culver's has some nice strips!

rob

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

haha......the l.i.e. is famous for those twisties...... just messin with you, but thats one thing i dont miss when im down here in WV for school. I woulda thought the old Kosciusko bridge would have collapsed by now. Anyway good times, and watch out for the soccer moms

that bridge still stands.....I ride over it whenever I head to lower manhattan, or to brooklyn.

this afternoon was beautiful as well.. I took my gixxer out and rode around the neighborhood.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts

Dude, ya gotta take the poor bike out on some contry roads. Try heading east instead of west. Or North.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.