Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running aftermarket wheels on your old school gixxer..I'm kinda starting to look, and I think PM's might be the best way to go..comes with spacers and everything...any guidance?? Anybody selling any??

Thanks

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
I wouldn't mind a set of PM's. Chicanes I think, unless they've got something newer I haven't seen yet. I'd like a pair of Marchesini's (who wouldn't) but they're $$$$$$$.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I have a set of Hypertech Dominator Wheels (only made three years) that I bought in 91. I have also used PM's in the past. I even have a technomaginiso rear wheel laying around. Liked the PM's but they don't come with a cush drive. RC components makes wheels like PM's but with a cush drive. I have seem PM's on e-bay lately as well.
www.superbikeracing.com Dymags
www.performance-machine.com
www.rccomponents.com
www.yoyodyneti.com Marvic Mags and lightweight Ti

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I got a set of PM Chicanes of of ebay this winter.
The rear is the wide one 17 X 6.25. They are all most mint for $750.00 of of ebay. They don't have a crush drive on them. So I just when with a Sertco sprocket. That has the crush dive built in to the sprocket. I can't wait to put them on

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help, guys..

I never even thought about the PM's not having a cush drive...that sound like it would be hard on the trans...

I hadn't heard of a sertco(?) sprocket..a built in cush drive...how the heck do they do that??

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
they insert rubber bushings into where the bolts thread into the sprocket...we use them on our pro superbike that we dragrace in ama/prostar...they work and expensive...

dwayne

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Somthing else to think about. While the twisted spoke wheels 88-92 look better if you are planning on polishing them the 93-95 750 wheels are lighter. So if planning on changing wheels and if you can not afford custom wheels when shopping weigh your options (get it "weigh" ha ha ha)
Bones

Oh yea if you are using Twisted Spoke wheels and visit the drag strip buy a 88 1100 18in rear for your slick then paint or polish to match the rest of your wheels that is the only year they made a twisted spoke in any other size.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bones_GSXR:

I even have a technomaginiso rear wheel laying around.
<hr></blockquote>

What size is your wheel? Do you have the cush drive for that wheel? Would you like to sell it(wheel and/or cush)?

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
PM sells a cush drive assembly to go with their wheels. I retro'd one onto my rear Chicane that I bought off of Harpee (member). Really noticed the diff in chain life and smoothness.

If its just weight you're trying to dump, check out if it is possible to retro fit more current GSXR (ie 96 and up) wheels. They weigh diddly squat compared to our classics and _could_ be bought from the wreckers cheaper than new aftermarket.....plus all the necessary fucking around to fit them

For the ebay PM Chicanes, watch out for the racing thickness...I think its .125 as opposed to .190. PM
warns folk in no uncertain terms about NOT using them on the street.

Just an aside - PMs optional anodising is fucking excellent. Have had mine since '96 with no fade, chipping,scratching all that shit. Did go for the blue though, which , next to hard anodising, is recommended for street use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts