Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
L7 Gixxer 1k
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 things I wish Suzuki would add, or wish could at least be retrofitted in the aftermarket:

Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors
Smartphone / NAV display with bluetooth connection.

Any recommended aftermarket solutions ?
Thanks in advance for any INTELLIGENT and HELPFUL information. (y)

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
buncha ways to go there, the bay has a lot of options, was just researching, where do you want the display is the question and do you want alarms? and how much you wanna spend?

guess I want onboard display, no need for an alarm if I have that but they do make bluetooth integrated with alarms the zon has em too

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,144 Posts
At high speeds there are serious centrifugal forces on things like valve stems, ex. like 1400 G at 190 MPH. Tire pressure sensors would need to be very securely mounted.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
yup, one argument for internal mounted sensors, harder to install and remove, more secure, many of these sensors are so light one does not need to balance the wheel, or so they say, think I would do a quick check..

for me it's MTPS is not a bad idea but typically I can tell tire pressure by the way it steers or by the season, I know right after winter it's going to need air, and right after fall, if it steers heavier than normal usually needs air.. lighter has too much.. usually

however for railing and those types of odd jobs a guy should know where his AP is for accuracy so these seem a good idea? maybe velcro display somewhere inconspicuous under the windscreen?

having an ambient air temp gauge is OK too? I guess? barometer helps you gauge weather by rising and falling so that could be useful as well..

only thing that gets me is the battery, they need charging or new batteries time to time, how often is time to time?

another maintenance item I condition myself to rely on then have the battery go dead is like when I ride my bicycle, I like to listen to my speaker tube using my phone, BOTH need charging, and I find it's a hassle to keep up with most the time I go without as it needs charging.. or my phone is almost dead.. lol

if the bicycle had a small generator like we had in the day for running the headlamp tail lights on our crate bikes that would be rad, plug the phone in too... I spose the unit with the USB charger if it can be ran with the charger plugged in 24/7/365 that would be the way to go, hardwire the gauge in and forget about it all cept the sensors, my guess is they use the hearing aid battery and only need a once every 2-3 year changing..???

that I can handle but I certainly do not want to try and stay on top of 2 sensors and tiny gauge clusters battery charge and or battery life..

for this reason I believe it's why many say this is a feature Suzuki forgot to include, C'MON! ABS that has no MTPS and gauge? huh?

if integrated its lot less headache and the display is in the cluster.. no charging, if the sensors need a small battery maybe once every few years, that I can handle..

if you find a unit that can be hardwired off a fuse tap that has temp, boro, TP and maybe a clock all backlit please post it up, I don't care if its internal or external or if the wheel must be balanced.. I can do that.. just not into babysitting several low voltage instruments just to take care of something I have been manually taking care of for over 4 decades now...

its something I would use as the compounds these days can be dialed in real well vs temp and terrain, so on..

the big money is going to be self inflating/deflating, that guy is going to make BANK!

F1 will use it, MGP, streets will use it, all auto and truck factories, even kenworth fgs..

imagine F-1, each turn has optimal tire pressure and the compressor on board can handle 4-5 PSI per nano second per wheel.. thats custom tire pressure per turn... the luxury, the tenths shaved.. :-*

who wants to begin development on this radical component? say 50/50 split of proceeds? and I own 65% of the patent? which is a good deal cuz as of right now I own 100% of the patent... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts