Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so excited...I went out and got the 2006-2007 Suzuki GSXR 750 Gel Front Driver Seat - Carbon Look.

However, I was very sad when I got on and found out how much wider the seat was then the stock.
:lmao kinda felt like i was trying to ride a elephant... My legs were so far apart when my feet were on the ground it was really uncomfortable.

I'm only 5'4 but I'm not worried about height of the seat. More so if there is acutally an after market seat that isn't soo wide that still looks nice... any ideas for me? :scratch

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Corbin seats maybe? I don't like how they look however and they are pricey. I just bought a gel seat for my GSX-R750 but haven't found it to be much wider than stock if at all. I have a 29/30" inseam but have not noticed a difference except for comfort.

·
Fragile Little Flower of Texan Femininity
98,059 Posts
corbin makes really good seats. you are definitely going to pay for the name, but you get a quality product with it as well. :)

i feel your pain. i'm 5'3" and rode an srad gixxer for a while. now THAT bike is a wide son of a bitch!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I cant always answer right back but I do check this as often as I can. I work some crazy hours.

I'm looking not only for the comfort but the style as well.
The stock seat after about an hour starts to hurt your butt lol.. which can suck for nice long trips.

I'm not trying to spend my life savings on a seat that is not comfortable but then again I dont want an after market seat that looks like crap while its sitting there in the parking lot.:lol

I appriciate everyones help and I'm going to look into the information every gave and see what I can come up with and ill let you know what I have come up with.

Thank you again for all your help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much atmosphere0284 :woot

After checking out:
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226931
I emailed Corbin to see if I could get some extra dimensions maybe so I can insure this same issue wont happen with them.

I'll let everyone know what I find out...

Thank you again for all your help.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I'm a guy, but I'm pretty small - 5'4, 160 lbs, 28" inseam so I can kind of relate to issues that a lot of women have with bikes / seat height / etc

I ride an 04 GSXR1000

Personally, I think the stock seat is pretty comfortable. I'm so short that I ride with my stomach right against the tank all the time

A lot of the aftermarket seats that I've seen, have a flat place at the back thats supposed to support your butt better, but I find they pull me away from the tank and just stretch me out that much further....

I think the stock seat is great in terms of shape / width and all that. Ever thought of getting the stock seat recovered? You could get harder / softer foam / gel put in. I've seen some seats recovered in fabric that was cool too, that might fix the style issue....

Also, I find that where the footpegs / bars are located are a big part of making the bike comfortable. You might be able to move the pegs around with some aftermarket plates or move the clipons, that might increase your comfort. My personal choices aren't normal, I go for the "full race" - footpegs high and back, clipons low & wider, but.... even though thats not what most people consider to be comfortable, I love it, and it works well for me.

Getting the bike to "fit me" really makes me enjoy the bike more - dont be afraid to experiment, find out what works for you!!! :)

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Also forgot to mention the guys at corbin said the seat will break in after about 1500-2000 miles....not really sure how much more reach you would get out of the break in but it looks like they may be able to take some more material out of the front of the seat to give you a little more clearance!

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
A friend shaved my seat then inserted a layer of good hi-density foam. Made a ton of difference for me in comfort. Just cost a little to get the cover reinstalled by a professional. Those square edges on the seat killed my womanly sit bones!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts