Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aftermarket Parts availability for the \'05 1k?

Looking to place an order for a few basic mods before my bike gets here...
Things like frame sliders, swingarm sliders, tinted windscreen, etc. Maybe a slip/on and a PC3 too. I know the PC3 is available (or will be shortly), but who has the other stuff ready to ship?

·
Premium Member
11,910 Posts
Re: Aftermarket Parts availability for the \'05 1k?

Yoshimura "Book of Speed" just arrived at the shop today....... includes goodies like:

EMS
Cube
New ECU (Looks to be programmable)
Exhaust

Lots of goodies.

·
Registered
980 Posts

jeffw said:
Yoshimura "Book of Speed" just arrived at the shop today....... includes goodies like:

EMS
Cube
New ECU (Looks to be programmable)
Exhaust

Lots of goodies.
Where do you get this catalog from ? Does it give some info on what is possible with for example the EMS and the ECU ?

·
Registered
98 Posts

Where can I get the parts to lower the 05 1k for those of us who have short legs? (dogbones, etc)

·
Registered
98 Posts

[email protected] said:
Still wanna lower a bike you have not sat on yet huh??? I think you will be pleasently suprised. The seat is so narrow at the point where the seat meets the tank that I can flat foot the bike and I am only 5'-6".....
I flew up to Atlanta from Ft. Lauderdale just to sit on the 05 1k at the ATL bike show on 1-9-05.
Although I'm taller than you, I have freakishly short legs.
I would still like to look into lower the bike .5 to 1.5 inches.

Does anyone know what parts I need to lower the bike "professionally" and where I can order them.

Anyone recommend a shop in S. Florida that can custom tune the suspension for the lowered ride as well as my weight, or do you think the dealer can handle it?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts