Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my bike lowered about as low as I could get it without it scraping on bumps (I absolutely love it if anyone wants to know, and I cannot tell a difference in handling either). The problem is the shop that did it had to heat up my kick stand and bend it so that it would still work but it looks bad and I'm afraid the heating up and bending made it weak maybe and there might be a chance of it breaking. So I was wondering if anyone here knew if anyone made a good kick stand for a lowered gixxer.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
alot of people just cut and reweld the base to whatever height you need, but you can also buy an adjustable one for like 150 bucks
i dont understand why they are so damn much? its a piece of metal with some bolts. That is why i have not lowered my bike yet

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the best way might be to cut and reweld. I'm not crazy about adjustable stuff. What if the part that you adjust came loose and your bike went "splat" on its side? That would suck...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Instaed of lowering....why not just get 3" platform boots?
Because I'm not a woman or want to act like one....but if that is your thing, more power to you buddy!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you a private investigator or something?

·
Registered
684 Posts
LOL, there is always some smart ass around here. I know a girl who had her bike lowered, and they said they cut the kickstand, but the damn thing is near vertical, one small push and crash. It needs to be cut again. Dealers suck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts