Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

My name is mark I purchased a 07 GSXR 1000 with 5k miles on it. Got the bike home few weeks ago test road it around the block a few times and than started to work on it. Its a stock bike expect a bolt on exhaust.

This week I rip into the bike to check the valve clearance. no adjustment was needed. When I got the bike back together it did not want to idle and its running rich. I did not make any adjustments to these throttle bodies.

Does anyone now where I can get more information about them.
Thanks,

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,671 Posts
It's probably associated with the beloved ISC valve and/or its control. It has hoses and can get carbon deposits. See chapter 5 in the service manual. Note the first CAUTION on 5-25. They talk about resetting it with SDS, which you probably don't have. I don't know about other methods.

"Bolt on" is normally associated with K1/K2. I assume you mean slip on.

With regard to running rich, see the HO2 sensor. It may be disconnected or removed.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,849 Posts
Check over everything, something is obviously disconnected.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went back over everything I did notice one wire unplugged. I can find anything to plug it in to. I got the bike to start and again its not idle great and its running really rich. I check the bikes not throwing any codes. there also is no 02 sensor in the header.

Attachments

·
7,671 Posts
^See #10-13 here. It's only used on E33 models.

Real rich can be from the MAP sensor hose not being connected.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,406 Posts
Not sure about that model, but when I do the check on mine I don't have to remove any part of the throttle body. I tend to agree with some of the previous statements that the intake air pressure sensor hoses are suspect. Won't code, but will cause a rich condition. Also, if you did remove the throttle body, make sure it's fully seated and sealed.

·
Registered
286 Posts
^See #10-13 here. It's only used on E33 models.
I would not be too sure... I think I had a connector like this on E03 750k in that area connected to the rubber mounted element in front of the engine head cover. I pulled the wires out when disconnecting and had to repair it :/

·
7,671 Posts
^Connectors like that are also used for the headlights. But on a K7 1000, in that location and with those wire colors, it's for the purge control valve, which is only used on E33. You can see as much in the service manual.

P.S. A faulty or missing purge valve causes a C62 error and puts you into fail-safe mode (on E33 models only). But, unlike all the other codes, there's no C62 troubleshooting information in the K7 service manual. It doesn't appear until the K9 manual. Aaagh!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts