Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a brand new AFAM rear sprocket part #15604-46 and was told that it should work with my stock chain. I have an 03 GSXR600 that still has the stock sprockets and chain. Everywhere I have searched hasnt given me a clear answer as to if this will work. I am not familiar with how to determing if it is a 520 or 525 chain or any of that. Please help me figure this out or point me in the right direction. Thanks. If I need a chain I will do that too, but if not I would like to stay with stock just to see if I like the 4 up in the rear.

· Premium Member
1,594 Posts
I don't think it's 4 up ... 600s come stock with (I think) a 45 tooth rear, so if I'm correct, that would only be one up in the back, which should fit, though I can't say for sure.

as far as 520 vs. 525... just compare the width of the teeth on your old sprocket to the width of the teeth on the afam... should be the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.