Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
advice on the off/on throttle resp. on the 04 750 please!

Its becoming a huge distraction while riding hard. the hit that occurs when you roll back on the throttle is way to harsh when riding and cornering...I know that others have had this problem....does anyone know what to do-I will try anything. didnt realize how bad it was until I rode my buddies 600rr the other day-very smooth. thanks guys-

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: advice on the off/on throttle resp. on the 04 750 pleas

I'm told that a power commander and map will fix. I once had a BMW with a similar problem that "more or less" went away over the course of a few thousand miles. I'm waiting to get it on the track before I decide. My first track day is the end of this month.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Re: advice on the off/on throttle resp. on the 04 750 please!

A couple of comments regarding your post. The abrupt throttle response occurs in the 3-6k rpm range. That's hardly a rev range that involves anything close to 'hard riding'. Once up beyond the 8-10K range, throttle response is, IMO, the pinnacle of smoothness and accuracy. If it 'distracts' you get the Power Commander and remap.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: advice on the off/on throttle resp. on the 04 750 please!

I agree, when higher in the rpm range the power is always smooth as long as I never roll completely off of the throttle....but no matter if i'm at 4 grand or 10 if I come off the throttle and then back on it hits way too hard-makes the bike become uneasy. b4 the 750 I had an 02 600 and 03 1000-they never felt that way. I mean hey maybe its just mine....

·
Registered
34 Posts

It's not you. I was talking to one of Jason Pridmore's instructors last week. They use Suzuki's at STAR school, and the instructor made the same comment. Regardless of the action at 8K RPM, after hard braking (often trail braking), when you were completely off the throttle, you really want to be able to bring the power on smoothly while in the corner.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Here are two things to try.

1. Increase your idle speed (Mine is at 1.7KRPM)

2. Adjust throttle cable to eliminate the play at the throttle.

I used to hate the on-off transition, but it seems pretty smooth now.

Good luck!

·
Registered
404 Posts

My bike is very smooth. I usually go into a turn around 7K and I have no abrupt throttle response. Good throttle control should fix this problem. Yeah, at 4K the bike gives a jolt when you give it some gas from fully closed, but who begins a turn at 4K rpms?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Ordering a power commander tonight...I'll see if thats the answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts