Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ladies...I'm looking to get my gf a bike for our anniversary but don't know a good bike to get. I want to get her something with a little more power than a 250 but don't want her to kill herself either. She bugs me at times but also will help me work on stuff when it needs to be done. Any Ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
Hey ladies...I'm looking to get my gf a bike for our anniversary but don't know a good bike to get. I want to get her something with a little more power than a 250 but don't want her to kill herself either. She bugs me at times but also will help me work on stuff when it needs to be done. Any Ideas?
Im not a girl like you requested :lol but look into an sv650 maybe :dunno

·
Chief Chokesonmoob, on a Crusade Against Straightn
4,019 Posts

fellow Optician :cheers

ninja would ok as well by the way

oh i'm not a girl by the way

·
Nothing but Adrenaline-Fueled Business Ends
25,701 Posts
:lmao the same one that was all pist at you?

why get her more than a 250? they have good resale, she's gonna drop it anyway....

does she already ride or has she taken the msf?

·
Colonel H. Stinkmeaner
5,277 Posts
The new 250 ninjas are much more appealing. Very cheap and as mentioned have a good resale. Just throwing that out there.

·
Colonel H. Stinkmeaner
5,277 Posts
:lmao the same one that was all pist at you?

why get her more than a 250? they have good resale, she's gonna drop it anyway....

does she already ride or has she taken the msf?
Damn, I completely forgot all about that thread. In that case. Give that bitch a Dirty Sanchez in her sleep.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol were all good now...turns out her sis really pissed her off...which is understandable cuz she is always pissed cuz shes a lil princess...but anyway yea thanks for the input...lookin at gettin an 07 ninja 250 for her proly not til next yr cuz i'm making her take the class..not puttin money in on something that'll get totally jacked up haha...thanks for the input

·
Nothing but Adrenaline-Fueled Business Ends
25,701 Posts
Having her take the class will also determine if she really LIKES it or not... I think the selection is good, and the decision to wait till after she passes the class is awesome :) Good luck to you man!

·
I am a tater tot; young, not stout. Here is my bab
11,321 Posts
lol were all good now...turns out her sis really pissed her off...which is understandable cuz she is always pissed cuz shes a lil princess...but anyway yea thanks for the input...lookin at gettin an 07 ninja 250 for her proly not til next yr cuz i'm making her take the class..not puttin money in on something that'll get totally jacked up haha...thanks for the input
i would suggest a 2008 or 2009 ninja 250. the looks waaaayyyy better.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't know-I learned on a 2009 250 ninja and I'm glad I did. I have a gsxr 600k7 now, but I know that I couldn't have started out on my gix-it's too much to power for a learner bike, in my opinion. I still ride the 250 now and again. Good luck.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts

or

·
Registered
2 Posts
I started on a GSXR 600K7 as my first bike. You just have to respect the machine and know that it's got the power. I did a 2-inch drop on it which really helped (I'm 5'5", if that helps), plus had frame sliders on it from day 1. It is best, as you are doing, that she take the course and decides if she even likes riding. If she does, you may want to start her on an older 250 that you pick up for a good deal, then get her a newer one for next year's anniversary that she picks out. That way she gets to choose what she wants and not just have it choosen for her by online forum-peoples who don't know her. Only my opinion though. (Also, yes, I'm a girl.)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know-I learned on a 2009 250 ninja and I'm glad I did. I have a gsxr 600k7 now, but I know that I couldn't have started out on my gix-it's too much to power for a learner bike, in my opinion. I still ride the 250 now and again. Good luck.
Well said!! I started on a ZZR 250 and am glad I did. Enough power for a rider with no experience. Have to admit once I had mastered the 250 (rode it for at least 14 months) it was so exiting going up to the 600.

·
Registered
34 Posts
my first street bike was an '09 ninja.. good to learn on but was tired of it after 5 months.. previous to riding that i was riding dirtbikes and a 50

K

·
0 Posts
i started on a kawi 636. if you really want to put in that much get a k8 or k9 600 since its got the mode switch...itll save you the time in buying and selling a bike

·
Registered
24 Posts
In Aus we have L.A.M.S Learner approved Motorcycle Scheme. You can't just buy any bike and ride. It is controlled by power to weight ratio. Some 600's are legal to ride but not many, most are 250cc.
Is there any restrictions in other countries?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts