Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'd like to get some advice on how I should work out and what to do exactly to strengthten specific muscle groups and improve my overall fitness for trackday purpose.
I've done many sports since I was a kid, going from ballet, rowing, volleybal, tennis to thai-boxing etc., but I always exercised because I loved the sport itself.
Now I feel like I need to overcome a necessary evil (= working out at the gym) to fully exercise the sport I love (= riding on track).
So I've become a member at my local gym but I'm feeling kind of lost because I don't have a specific target and/or specific exercises.
Besides I don't have the time to go to the gym every day for hours, so i'm looking for a short (= +/- 1.5 hrs) but efficient work-out scheme.
I thought perhaps of getting a personal trainer, but they are really annoying there so I think it's best to have a go at it on my own.
So, what do you guys and gals recommend?
I presume legs, abs, back & arm muscles are pretty essential?
(they hurt after a trackday anyway :lol)
FYI I'm 25yo, 1m75 and 58kg (I guess that's 5'9 and 127 lbs).

Unfortunately I suffered quite badly from mononucleosis the past years so I'll have to start from scratch. :sad

Thanks in advance :cheers

·
Blithering Idiot
2,306 Posts
p90x

I grew up doing PT with Marine Corps Special Recon and I've always been in good shape, and this program made me even better. Each exercise is a little over an hour, and you have a specific plan for 90 days, including a diet. I don't really follow the diet because I always eat healthy, I just add a lil protein here and there. So, cancel that gym subscription, buy some dumbells and a pull up bar, and PM me so I can send you a 'not-downloaded-completely-legitamate' copy of the videos :shifty

·
Registered
182 Posts
Pumpkin-Here is a video that might help you target specific muscle groups used for track day riding. Which tracks in Europe do you visit?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Pumpkin-Here is a video that might help you target specific muscle groups used for track day riding. Which tracks in Europe do you visit?

Good timing buddy, she's not logged onto the site since 2010. :thumbup

·
Possibly infected with Ebola
3,216 Posts
Notasquid posting like a :squid

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hahahaha, lol, 5 years later.

Folks, let's never forget that riding and track days is a life long endeavor not some part time hobby. Pumpkin, its not too late to log on again in 2014.

Anyways, thank you for the sarcastic comments. They made my day!
I will be sure to upgrade my prescription for new lenses.:cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
Notasquid
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing