Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I live in Korea and I am looking for an old sports motorcycle with minimum electronics. Right now, I ride a vstrom 1050

I found a 2001 gsxr 750 in the local market for around 2500US$. 45,000KM, bike looks okayish. I am setting up a testride.

I have a few questions about this bike. Is it possible to replace the back cowl to a pillion seat?
Also, I am looking into improving the handling and breaking of this bike- maybe, if the bike is not a lemon, over a period of time, replace breaks to steel braided lines, improve calipers, master cylinder etc and upgrade the suspensions to newer gsxr parts and so on. Is this possible?

·
Premium Member
5,994 Posts
yes there is a rear seat for the back, should be a lock on the left side lower forwardish cowl/tail section, used rear seats are plentiful, ronayers may have a new one?

they all fit, 2001-2003 600, 00-2003 750

check sites like, Schnitz Racing, Orient Express, Revzilla, so on so forth..

query in search engine, "performance upgrades 2001 suzuki gsxr 750" or "used pilion seat xx-xx 600/750" ebay is a good bet..

you'll likely get performance outlets closer to yourself altho USA to Korea shipping isn't awful but you should find something closer like Japan, be very weary of chinese performance parts, very weary.. in fact I suggest you insure nothing you put on your bike is made in china! specially brake components! your begging for trouble if you do, they can be sticky and lock at the worst of times, they can get hot and boil, creating fade and bricking, they use the worst metals for rotors and that's not good..

look to Japan, UK, Italy, Spain, France, USA, Canaduh, so on so forth and always review feedback where possible see what folks have to say about said component upgrades..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, little late, but I test rode the said bike and its clutch, handling & transmission were not my taste. Engine felt super nice tho. Still looking, test riding and so on.. Taking it slow, no rush, waiting for the right bike to show up in the classifieds. Maybe even get an L7 1000 R

but you should find something closer like Japan> Yeah, Japan seems to have some nice shops and is accessible to be. Much closer than USA and general shipping experience on cameras and stuff have been better

1 - 5 of 5 Posts